Lid Will Not Fit On Stacker - Too Much Build Up On the Lid?

Jim Perry

TVWBB Member
I am doing some comps this year so I got a Stacker for my 18.5" WSM. The lid on my much used never cleaned lid will not fit. This may be because of all the build up on the smoker lid as I could probably hammer it on but of course never get it off. I only need to clean up about an inch. I was thinking about getting it hot and taking a wire wheel on a disc grinder to take it off. Does anyone have experience on cleaning the inside of the lid? I guess my other option would be find a way to shrink the outside diameter of the Stacker. I am not sure which would be easier. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jim,

One option is "Professional Easy-Off" The "Fume Free" version (blue can). NOT the other type !!!! We used to use it for cleaning the grates, but have since gone another method that is less messy.

If you have a big enough outdoor tub you could soak over-nite in a few inches of hot water and some greased lightning. Some say to use Ammonia, I tried that once with a large black trash bag and the fumes about knocked me out..

Tim

Back