Lemon Ragout Chicken

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
I found this recipe on Weber's UK website. The recipe and Weber video are in this thread in the Poultry Recipe forum: https://tvwbb.com/threads/lemon-chicken-ragout.85556/

I'm not much of a veggie eater, but I've been trying to expand my palette. So when I saw this recipe with parsnips and turnips, I thought I would give it a try. My wife is not keen on me using her fancy enameled cast iron on the grill, so I picked up the new Weber GBS dutch oven.

IMG_4742.JPG
The new Weber Dutch Oven Duo.

IMG_4769.JPG
The gasser is warming up and all the ingredients are mis en place.

IMG_4770.JPG
Browning the chicken while sauteeing the root veggies.

IMG_4771.JPG
The chicken is browned, the wine has been added, and it's time to cover it up and let it cook.

IMG_4773.JPG
40 minutes later it was finished. The lid was off the last 5-10 minutes.

IMG_4774.JPG
Ready to eat! Thanks for looking!

Richard, it was delicious. The rub imparted wonderful flavors. The lemon was bright. It sort of made its own sauce. I’ve made it twice now and love it.

I like the Dutch oven a lot. I love that it sits securely in the GBS opening. At 7.5qts, it’s a nice size.

I think I would have liked the earlier version that was not sold in the US better because of the lid had a central handle rather than a griddle (for a lid). That you can’t remove the lid with one hand is the only demerit.

Last edited:
Looks like you just nailed it J. Will definitely be giving this a try before Spring sets in. Really like the veggies too, especially the parsnips and turnips. Thanks for the recipe.

Looks like you just nailed it J. Will definitely be giving this a try before Spring sets in. Really like the veggies too, especially the parsnips and turnips. Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks, Cliff! It’s a keeper. And it’s a good use of lemons. There’s still about a 1/4 of them left on our tree. I can’t juice any more because there’s 2 gallons already in the freezer.

That looks excellent! Searching up the Weber DO now...
Thanks, Jim! Weber has websites and youtube channels for many countries around the world, and they all have great recipes. There are a couple of large Weber dealers in the UK that have good channels as well. One has a Swedish meatball recipe that is high up in my cue.

Thanks, Jim! Weber has websites and youtube channels for many countries around the world, and they all have great recipes. There are a couple of large Weber dealers in the UK that have good channels as well. One has a Swedish meatball recipe that is high up in my cue.

I've stumbled upon some of those already. Saw the meatballs and am also eyeing up a Belgian mussel recipe I found.

Crap something else I have to buy, that looks awesome!!

Great looking meal and the GBS Dutch oven looks very useful.

Back