Leftover Butt

P.Schaff

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry if already discussed, but I am looking for ideas on what to do with leftover pork butt.

I've done ABT's (awesome, can't wait to do them again) and am looking for a few more uses. I have about 6 pounds left over from a weekend smoke that is hanging out in the freezer.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions!

Pat

Pulled pork nachos are the appetizer you can eat as a meal.
icon_smile.gif

Makes great omelet stuffer, pizza topping, chili meat. It gives a nice smokey flavor when added to a beef stew.

Here is an easy one that is so great that when I feed it to people they think I slaved over a stove all day! Add pulled pork to Campbells chunky chicken and sausage gumbo. You will be amazed at this one! A pot of this is the cheapest love you will ever serve!

6 pounds is a lot, so unless you want another PP meal, you'll likely need to use it more than one dish. So, how they're stored is important. If you freeze it in a container, then using a bit is tricky because it becomes a solid block. But what if it's laid out on a tray, put in the freezer, and then bagged as soon as its frozen. This is a trick used for, e.g., blueberries, if you want to use the ovber the winter.

This way you could use some with beans, tacos, and so on as you made them. I'd like feedback on this idea since I've never actually tried it.

Cheers,
Canada Mike

Back