Latest acquisition

Oh, well heck, that isn't a bad price. I though they would be much more expensive if purchased through Weber.

I tried to buy some for a Q100 or Q200 for the place where the grill mounts to the legs. They have those kind of spacers there too. But Weber said I had to buy the whole leg assemble to get the spacers.

Out of 9 Weber Q’s I have rehabilitated for myself, family and friends, I have not seen the handle spacers broken. But you can buy them. Like Bruce, I have had three of the spacers between the firebox and the legs be cracked and broken, but you cannot buy them. Go Figure! :(

Whatever the material is, it will melt.

HkMOt3Tl.jpg

This is the second one I have had like this so far this year.
Not a big deal on this, but the other one was much worse.

That is pretty interesting. BTW I did manage to find the whole handle kit for a Q3XX for $11.50. All things considered for a grill that only set me back $20 not bad

I could use some advice on parts sources. I need a gas control knob and igniter kit to bring a Q200 back to life for resale. Least expensive I can find is $35 shipped for the two parts.

Mark: I don't know that you will be able to them for much less than that unless you want to go with used parts. It doesn't look there are many aftermarket sources out there for those parts.

Mark: I don't know that you will be able to them for much less than that unless you want to go with used parts. It doesn't look there are many aftermarket sources out there for those parts.
Used parts are fine, the rest of the grill is used. I can pretty it up and get $100 for it in the spring/summer. So for I have $4 in it. Larry, you willing to share your source?

Sure if I can find it again LOL. I just googled the part numbers and found it. I think it was grillparts.com

So I'm perusing FB Marketplace and a "for free" ad popped in from Janesville WI. Just a short hop north on 39/90 for me for a Q300. Well not wanting to waste my drive I sweetened the pot for the people because for the most part it looked all there. So I Pm'd them and told them of they'd pull it off the street I would give them $20. They agreed and I went up there, loaded it and hustled on home. Total time spent about an hour. Not too bad.
Thoughts?
OwIVblF.jpg

da04dJp.jpg

grmCnTj.jpg

vDdIabZ.jpg

BTIGm05.jpg

zM9g0mZ.jpg

o0C13Il.jpg

wMiMqy1.jpg

XfXV7fa.jpg

FVrLmIi.jpg

It's missing a couple things. A screw and spacer from the handle. Screw is easy enough not sure about the spacer, the grease tray apparently never had liners in it so it is a little moth eaten. Here too perhaps a new one or some sheet metal patched it. Time will tell. The igniter is loose, a screw is missing to hold the burner down as well. Again easy fixes. The grate surprisingly is in really good shape
So for $20 and an hour time I don't think too bad a haul
I am going back through the forums and posting this for folks that want the spacers / insulators https://www.ereplacementparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1850300

It is some kind of ceramic like material. It reminds me of the stuff they use in "Terra Cotta" planters. I thinking that a wood dowel drilled down the middle for the handle screw might be a fix. But it would be in contact with the lid which gets pretty hot. Not really worried about it catching fire or anything, but it would probably cause the wood to deteriorate much quicker than a ceramic or metal option. But, they would be cheap and having a few on hand would probably be a good option.

Add a silicone rubber washer between the contact surface and the wood will be fine. The washers are cheap.

Back