Late to the party, just ordered my first pellet grill.

Bob Erdman

TVWBB Pro
Pulled the trigger on a Smokefire EX6. My first cook is going to be baby back ribs this weekend. Any tips? I usually do high heat on my 14.5 WSM and love the results.

Download the BILT app and assemble it correctly. Weber also recommends the app. When I transitiioned to the Smokefire I used many of the same methods and cook temp that I used with my WSM. It will do good hot and fast cooks.

Download the BILT app and assemble it correctly. Weber also recommends the app. When I transitiioned to the Smokefire I used many of the same methods and cook temp that I used with my WSM. It will do good hot and fast cooks.
Thanks Lew. Between here and the FB group I'm getting a lot of good info on the smokefire. Due to the weight of the EX6 I am unable to assemble it myself so the free delivery and assembly is welcome. I will do a final check of everything I can before firing it up for the first time.

Good news, smoker was delivered at 7am this morning. Better news, after they installed the legs and castors I told them I can take it from here. Everything went great with the assembly, no surprises. I still need to go buy pellets for the initial burn in. Software update only took a few minutes. I cant wait to fire this baby up.

Good news, smoker was delivered at 7am this morning. Better news, after they installed the legs and castors I told them I can take it from here. Everything went great with the assembly, no surprises. I still need to go buy pellets for the initial burn in. Software update only took a few minutes. I cant wait to fire this baby up.
If you have a Sam's or Costco they have the best deals. Great pellets. $14.99 per 40# at Sam's and 12.99 per 40# at Costco

If you have a Sam's or Costco they have the best deals. Great pellets. $14.99 per 40# at Sam's and 12.99 per 40# at Costco
Thanks, $14.99 for 40 lbs is a great deal at Sam's. As a bonus, it's across the street from the fabric store where my wife needs to pick up and order. Oh, and I'll have to check out the prime cuts of meat while at Sam's. :cool:

Thanks Lew. Between here and the FB group I'm getting a lot of good info on the smokefire. Due to the weight of the EX6 I am unable to assemble it myself so the free delivery and assembly is welcome. I will do a final check of everything I can before firing it up for the first time.

I may have missed this: where did you get the free delivery and assembly?

Back