Last nights chicken dinner

Andy Kaminski

TVWBB Pro
I hung a couple chicken halves on the new Weber with my new Hunsaker hanging kit.
I can tell that me and this new tool are going to get along just fine.

This turned out well and surprisingly the wife was all over this with helping me cook.
She said the hinge and some of the other mods were a great idea and even sent pics of our cook to some friends that were doing a Q in Arizona.

IMG_4304.jpegIMG_4308.jpeg

I dried off the chicken and lightly salted it then placed it in the fridge for 4 hours.
I then spayed some extra virgin olive oil on it for a binder and added garlic powder , pepper, chipotle and paprika.
Later on just before I put it on I added a couple dashes of rosemary.

I don’t cook much chicken or eat a lot of salt so my homemade rubs for chicken could use some work.
I like salt it’s just that am sensitive to over salting so I have to make my own rubs.

The wife usually cooks the poultry here but this was pretty good.
Next time I am going to change it up a bit.
My go to chicken seasoning usually is Italian dressing.
I would dig a recommendation from you both to see how far off I ventured.
Thanks.
Andy.

Last edited:
I pulled the remaining chicken off the bone today and made 10 burritos with the left overs.
I had no idea that there was this much meat left over.
We vac sealed 8 and ate 2 for dinner.
These smoked chicken burritos were even better than expected.
That skin mixed in with the rest of the meat works good.
Total do-over.

Attachments

• IMG_4314.jpeg
    IMG_4314.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4318.jpeg
    IMG_4318.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
Shame on you, we need more women here. ;) Right ladies?
does the food know if a woman or man is preparing it? just curious. i personally don't see any difference if people are men or women or other here. i hope i am not coming across snarky. that is NOT my goal. and in no way to i seek to offend anyone with this comment.

My comment was nothing more than a feeble attempt at humor; whenever I have occasion to speak of Shelley here by name I do so with deep admiration and fondness. I apologize to Andy for causing distraction.

My comment was nothing more than a feeble attempt at humor; whenever I have occasion to speak of Shelley here by name I do so with deep admiration and fondness. I apologize to Andy for causing distraction.
me too!!

My wife spells her name the same way (y).
She takes great pleasure in telling the others that they are spelling their name wrong.
Is yours a Canadian too?

Wishbone brand. I like to add more vinegar to it to get the protein to tenderize better and absorb more of the dressing. 8 hours is usually enough time with the extra vinegar added (red wine, ACV or plain white will work).
Actual white wine's nice, too. ;)

When I use bottled Italian dressing and add extra acid I like to stir in a packet of dry dressing mix, some additional salt, and maybe some red pepper flakes.

Back