Lasagna?

B.Lasky

TVWBB Super Fan
My wife makes great lasagna. I asked to make an small, extra one so I could try smoking it. Wondering if I should uses he WSM with or without water pan or the kettle. Thoughts, suggestions? :wsm22::maroonkettle:

I would not use any water or wood. The charcoal will add a bit of smoke flavor and I would think that should suffice. When I camp, my kettle becomes my oven and I bake casseroles and even pecan rolls in it.

Two years ago we were at a convention in PA with a 30 yr old pop up camper and no oven. The next day we had a huge camper park next to us with all the amenities and brand new owners that bought it the night before and didn't have a clue how to set up any of the appliances. He spent all day trying to figure out how to get everything working and we were getting a chuckle out of watching him bounce around. Eventually he gave up and went to attend a workshop. She was left behind to make mac and cheese with boiled hot dogs for the kids.

I asked her if she liked Italian and offered to bring over supper. Two hours later, she had a pan of fresh baked Penne with sausage and toasted garlic bread all cooked on my kettle. By the time Mr Wonderful got back, dinner was over and there was quite a dent in his stash of Yuengling.
:)

I agree with Phil. I think that the charcoal with provide some nice flavor depth weithout adding any wood.

B:

We cook lasagna all the time on the kettle. It would probably be good on the WSM too. I like using apple, cherry and sometimes hickory with my lasagna. We don't cover it when we cook it. Just let the top get nice n dark and crusty. The leftovers always taste good. Living in Florida, I hate using an oven, I would much rather keep the heat outside.

CraigW

Came out great on the WSM with no water in the pan. My wife makes great lasagna. The little chunk of pecan really added something. I'd call this a success.
xqfV97

Awesome idea! My wife makes awesome lasagna too, but I'm expecting her to start throwing things at me pretty if I keep suggesting smoking everything :p :D

We do it all the time in the 22" kettle. To hot to use the oven and add extra heat(summertime) witch we almost dident get this year. Nuff about that. Will add a layer of flavour,but i would go against using wood. Wanna have some ideas >klick me< Or >Me<

Back