Larry Wolfe's Pepper Stout Beef recipe modified slightly.......

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
.......and finished in an Instant Pot.

Smoked approx 5 lbs chuck roast seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning to 165 deg internal temp.

Then into the Instant Pot

Dumped a pint of Guinness Stout, TBS Worcestershire sauce, Chopped up and left in bigger chunks, 2 bell peppers, sweet onion and 3 jalapenos, seeds and all.

Closed lid on Instant Pot placed in manual and cooked for 30 minutes, then natural pressure release (NPR) for another 30 minutes.

Strained beef and veggies, shredded the beef and removed the fat/undesirable stuff. Ran the juices through a fat separator

Placed everything back into the Instant pot and placed it on saute to evaporate some of the juices.

Served on a telera roll with Muenster cheese, mayo, horse radish and a side of tots.

That looks great John. Like Cliff I wasn't familiar with instant Pot. Looks like a handy gadget to have around. Barb and I do PSB quite a bit, but it isn't a quick cook, the Instant pot would sure speed up the process.

John, outstanding cook and great idea for the PSB. Like Rich and Cliff said wasn't familiar with the instant pot. That sure does make things a lot faster and you can use it for lots of other things from the info on it that I read. Thanks for sharing that with us maybe a birthday gift in the future!!!!;)

Very nice pepper stout beef John. I had to look up your instant pot, and when I found it, had to wonder if it would be safe for do it yourself "broasted" chicken.
I wonder how many people have tried their hand at PSB after seeing Larry's on here years ago?

John, I have mine in the instant pot now. Indirect on the kettle until 165f, then set instant pot for 11 minutes before googling and finding your recipe and changed to 20 minutes.

Back