Ladies and gents....I delivered a fully restored classic 13 bar deep cook box 1000 to a wonderful lady named Rosie. Please welcome her to our forum!!

I know of Aldi because my wife's family is in the Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia. Great place to buy salmon and lots of other stuff. Wish we had one here in the PNW. Congrats on the grill, the first cook and the beautiful result!

I know of Aldi because my wife's family is in the Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia. Great place to buy salmon and lots of other stuff. Wish we had one here in the PNW. Congrats on the grill, the first cook and the beautiful result!
Aldi is one of my regular shopping stops. I like most of their products but they have been hit pretty hard by supply chain issues lately, and they weren't exactly 100% reliable beforehand.

Aldi is one of my regular shopping stops. I like most of their products but they have been hit pretty hard by supply chain issues lately, and they weren't exactly 100% reliable beforehand.
Just don't forget to bring a quarter for the shopping cart! I think that is an idea that all grocery stores should adopt.

I’ll trade you every Aldi’s within 100 miles of me in exchange for the bountiful selection of fresh fish and seafood available to you in the PNW any day. As a northern NY’er, I’d gladly toss in Jersey and Philly too.

Last edited:
Aldi's is great. There is one near me. A bit out of my way but I just combine a trip with other errands. The two things that I don't like about Aldi's is their lack of products. Chances are you cannot finish off a full shopping list at Aldis. Also, you cannot count on being able to get the same products every time you visit. It isn't uncommon for products to not be in stock. But prices and products are great.

Welcome to the forum Rosie. My wife Barb is a forum member also and we still have our 1998 genesis 1000LX that is now restored to a Genesis 2000 that we bought new in 1998. Can't beat the earlier sidewinders, Great grills.
Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Welcome Rosie. That is a beautiful grill, and you clearly know your way around it. :)
We need to see more pictures as you settle it in to its second life.
I like Dizzy Pig rubs too. Pineapple Head is great on lots of things, and I will not use anything
but Mad Max on my Thanksgiving turkeys now.

Yes, of course, welcome Rosie! It's Women's Day today (March 8)! Enjoy your new grill and have a special day!

Welcome Rosie. We lived in Falls Church for over 20 years. First by Bailey's Crossroads, then by RT7 and Idylwood Rd. We still visit our old neighbors from time to time. Where about are you? We are currently in Richmond and moving soon to King George (hopefully our last stop)

Welcome Rosie and congratulations on your new grill! Jim did a fantastic job, enjoy. Great looking salmon by the way.

Welcome Rosie - my wife is a great griller also across all of the different grills we have. Great group here and enjoy your time with your new-to-you grill.

If you don't have a quarter at Aldi's, you can always hand some assorted change to a departing shopper and ask nicely for their cart.

I also fantasize about paying for my stuff in cash, coming up $0.25 short, and pointing at my cart.

Aldi's by me is ridiculously and consistently cheap for dozens of certain specific items. My only knock is that their produce will likely go bad faster than the produce from other stores so I am very careful with that.

If you don't have a quarter at Aldi's, you can always hand some assorted change to a departing shopper and ask nicely for their cart.

I also fantasize about paying for my stuff in cash, coming up $0.25 short, and pointing at my cart.

Aldi's by me is ridiculously and consistently cheap for dozens of certain specific items. My only knock is that their produce will likely go bad faster than the produce from other stores so I am very careful with that.
You do have to be a little more careful on the produce. My biggest problem with Aldi is how they can be out of something for seemingly months on end. It makes my shopping a little more adventurous than it needs to be.

Aldis:
Pros: Prices and most products are great
Cons: Selection and availability temper that benefit a little bit.

Their prices used to be very low. So low that I would get two carts and just freewheel down the snack aisle. Now their prices, are still lower than others, just not by ridiculous amounts.

But their stores are nicer than they used to be.

I don't like adventurous shopping. If I go to a grocery store I want to walk in knowing what is and normally should be carried. I don't like the "treasure hunt" type of shopping. Especially since I don't enjoy shopping and with gas hovering at $5 a gal I don't want to make a trip to the market a treasure hunt of driving around town

Back