Ladies and gents....I delivered a fully restored classic 13 bar deep cook box 1000 to a wonderful lady named Rosie. Please welcome her to our forum!!

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Rosie has owned a few Webers in her day and is an avid griller. She even has a green egg in her repertoire. I delivered a fully restored Weber genesis 1000 13 bar deep cook box with glossy black hood and gray durawood slats to her today. She has already gone to the grocery store and has some Salmon at the ready to try out her new 25yr old grill :) . I encouraged her to join this forum where there are so many other Weber enthusiast especially folks that love the old school 1000's. Please welcome her to this forum...and hopefully if she can see this post she will chime in. I will include a pic of her grill. 20220306_103908.jpg

Thanks guys keep it coming :) she joined today so is waiting to be approved so she can reply! I think I will have her send us a pic of that salmon she cooks tonight.

Hi Rosie, WELCOME!!!! YEAH!!! Another woman.

I hope you will share with us how you fixed your Salmon. That is the only fish DH and I eat.

Pretty cool.......I always ask my buyers to send me a pic of their first grilling adventure on their new/ old grills.....Rosie sent me some pics of some delicious Salmon that she cooked tonight. She made mention of how hot the Genesis 1000 gets :) ..... She will reply as soon as she is approved to post.....thanks all for welcoming her to the group!

Welcome to the forum Rosie. We look forward to hearing from you and we love pictures. So a couple photos of the Salmon on the grill would be great. Enjoy that grill. It look like Jim did an awesome job on it for you and I expect you will get another 25 good grilling years out of it.

Wait a minute. You rehabbed a great grill for someone named "rosie". And made salmon. Either "rosie" is your cat, dog, or one hot griller...
J/K

Welcome Rosie.
Jealous of that grill.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your warm welcome. Many thanks to JimV for my beautiful new toy! I plan to have lots of fun learning how to cook on my beautiful new grill. My first Weber many years ago, about 30 to be exact, was one very similar to this newly restored one. I actually put it together because way back then it came in a box and you had to assemble it. A few years ago I gave it to my neighbor and they still have it and use it. I have a second home where I have an older Spirit model, it is 3 burners and 5 bars, not sure of the model number because I bought it at a yard sale a few years ago. I recently replaced the burner tube so it is working fine but parts of the exterior are rusting. I have an older, 20 yrs, Broilmaster and wanted to get a new grill and go back to Weber as it is my first love. I do not like the newer model Weber grills with the knobs in the front. I am short, about 5 ft, and it makes it too hard to cook and lift the hood. I am so happy I found JimV and my new grill just like my first one. I love to grill and also have a Big Green Egg. Here is a picture of my first cook which was Salmon. I like to put a rub on most things I grill and use the ones from the Dizzy Pig BBQ company. They are a BGE Dealer in Manassas Va but sell their rubs online or in many grocery stores or any places that sell BGE. They are wonderful rubs I have been using for years. I buy my Salmon from Aldi. It is fresh, never frozen, inexpensive and always perfect. I am very particular about my fish. I never use frozen, sorry, and never from most grocery stores. Sorry to ramble on..looking to having fun with my grill and on this forum.

Attachments

• 20220306_185234.jpg
    20220306_185234.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 24
I do not like the newer model Weber grills with the knobs in the front
Amen to that! Funny trivia. I just lost my Aunt Rosie about 4 years ago. And funny thing is she was a real "Rosie the Riveter" during WWII She used to tease us when we were kids and tell us the poster was a photo of her.

Welcome Aboard, Rosie! Glad to have you as a member of TVWBB. I hope you will continue to find a warm welcome and will keep posting pictures. I am sure Joan, Carolyn and other women on our forum will enjoy feeling less outnumbered:), and all of us will look forward to you sharing on this forum. :smilekettle:

Hi Rosie, I was a 22" kettle griller until my dear wife gave me a Genesis Silver B for my 50th. Despite being an avid viewer of "King of The Hill" I didn't know you needed to preheat the propane grill :) It sat under it's cover for years after until one day I told that story to someone who pointed out I need to preheat. Ever since I prefer it to the kettle. I found this forum when the grills, burner tubes and flavor bars needed replacing. I have used and repaired newer Weber models, they don't compare the "new" Genesis 1000 Jim renovated for you.

Back