Labor Day shopping

Yah, that is what I mean. I have a feeling they're still not losing any money by selling it at half price

My work situation caused me to move from the Atlanta area to outside of Philadelphia. This is what I had to leave behind
12143191_10153697127096170_3340256292223301370_n.jpg

Finding the new one in Lowes on Sunday was destiny

Yah, a bulk tank. That would eat a 20 pounder faster than my Q200 would go through a 1 pound bottle.

You guys would be surprised. A 20 LBer is just fine. The side burner is awesome. I use it for a wok.

Last edited:
We are having a “tropical wave” in South Florida today. (A lot better than a hurricane but not a day for bbq:(.) I decided to shop for grill bargains.

First stop was Target. I was just there a week ago, but I went back in search of an 18 Kettle grate and to see what else they might have. Picked up FOUR 18” Weber fold-up grates at half price of only $7.49 each! Got a few other things that were 60% to 70% off including a pair of cast iron mini grates meant for doing fish or other small stuff. I liked that they had ridges like a griddle for searing but also holes so that you still are GRILLING. Larry should like that! Now I can use those stainless grates with wider spaces and have nothing to worry about;). They should make me more motivated to grill fish filets that my wife asks for but I am always leary of doing. I have some good blackening and jerk seasonings, so hope to try soon. I will add a picture of these later.

Next stop, Home Depot. They had a few Labor Day sales including the 6 burner Genesis II at $999, but nothing very exciting.

Picked up a few small tool bargains at Harbor Freight, including a $2.99 ratchet side screwdriver set that fits in tight places - like the handles on the newer kettles where the screw is on the underside. Also got an aluminum/metal polishing kit and a deep, 8-compartment storage case both at 25% off. And a free case of AAA batteries - a change of pace from the free microfiber towels I have gotten a number of times. You can’t have too many of those doing grill restorations.

Last stop was Lowe’s. Wow! It is true that they have been cleaning out their Weber Genesis and most of their kettle grills. Not a Genesis in sight! I did, however, get an 18 inch Jumbo Joe for half price- $29.99 - and then got another $5.00 off via my phone, using a coupon referenced by another member. $25 bucks for a new Jumbo Joe was too good to pass up! They had already sold out their 18 inch kettles for $39.50 each. I was too late to the party, but my wife and wallet are happier for it:rolleyes:.

I really needed a new grill and was never able to justify the cost of the Webers. However, after seeing this thread, I decided to drop into the local Lowes to see what they had. Score! They did not have much left, or maybe they just put them out a few at a time, but they had a Genesis II E-310 at $400 with some box damage and one Spirit II E310 with no obvious shipping damage at $249. I will admit agonizing over the choice, but in the end, it just did not seem like the Genesis was worth $150 more, especially since Weber has the 10 year warranty.

It did turn out that the Spirit had a small chip on the left rear lid corner, so I have also already had an opportunity to try Weber's service, which has also been fantastic. Weber shipped me a new lid right away after I registered my grill and sent them a picture of the damaged corner.

I have only grilled some burgers and then today a Tri-tip, but I must say that I did not know what I was missing by using a grill with poor heat control and distribution all these years.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on a great grill at a great price and I think that Weber has a new lifetime customer.

I really needed a new grill and was never able to justify the cost of the Webers. However, after seeing this thread, I decided to drop into the local Lowes to see what they had. Score! They did not have much left, or maybe they just put them out a few at a time, but they had a Genesis II E-310 at $400 with some box damage and one Spirit II E310 with no obvious shipping damage at $249. I will admit agonizing over the choice, but in the end, it just did not seem like the Genesis was worth $150 more, especially since Weber has the 10 year warranty.

It did turn out that the Spirit had a small chip on the left rear lid corner, so I have also already had an opportunity to try Weber's service, which has also been fantastic. Weber shipped me a new lid right away after I registered my grill and sent them a picture of the damaged corner.

I have only grilled some burgers and then today a Tri-tip, but I must say that I did not know what I was missing by using a grill with poor heat control and distribution all these years.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on a great grill at a great price and I think that Weber has a new lifetime customer.

I think you did well for that price yes $150 bucks less you still get stainless burners on this grill. Flavorizer bars and grates porcelain but you run those into the ground and buy stainless which will cost you way less than $150 bucks. Curious yes Weber has a ten year warranty on the grill but does that include the grates and bars I would find that hard to believe. Still can't believe you paid 249 for that the other junk is not that much less.

I promised a picture of the cast iron mini grates that I bought at a Target at major mark down clearance price of $5.38.

23ks1u9.jpg

I think they will work great for blackened or jerk fish filets. I would love to impress my wife who laments that I never grill fish for her. As I mentioned I like that these combine searing grates with holes to alllow bbq flavor to come through. Not a griddle but an amplified grilling grate.

I will post a follow up when I use them.

I picked up a couple these tonight to do my veggies on (asparagus and stuff.) Figured for $5 each I better pick some up.
Also picked up a pair of the Ignite grilling gloves for $7. Love getting this stuff so cheap. :)

WOW. Congrats is all I can say. That is a huge score. Literally!!!

Thanks. Karma, Destiny, my late brother in law thanking me for moving near his wife and kids; whatever you want to call it. It was meant to be. I loved the one I left behind. I used my wok on the stove tonight and it just wasn't the same as the Grill Center Side Burner.

Thanks. Karma, Destiny, my late brother in law thanking me for moving near his wife and kids; whatever you want to call it. It was meant to be. I loved the one I left behind. I used my wok on the stove tonight and it just wasn't the same as the Grill Center Side Burner.

That is a WHOLE lotta shopping!

There are now 9 brand new Webers Gas Grills various models on the ATL Craigslist. Most likely all purchased from Lowes, thats a lot of grills to absorb this time of year and they are all trying to make a profit on them of course prices all over the map.

There are now 9 brand new Webers Gas Grills various models on the ATL Craigslist. Most likely all purchased from Lowes, thats a lot of grills to absorb this time of year and they are all trying to make a profit on them of course prices all over the map.

Same here. I counted around 20 a few days ago here in the DFW area. Gassers and kettles combined. Most of them trying to double their money. I have removed my restored Spirit S320 for now and wait till it has calmed down.

Same here. I counted around 20 a few days ago here in the DFW area. Gassers and kettles combined. Most of them trying to double their money. I have removed my restored Spirit S320 for now and wait till it has calmed down.

We have quite a few listed here as well. I haven't counted, but I have noticed that the first one or two big 6-burner Genesis IIs sold quickly and the rest have languished since then.

Back