Knives recommendations

Just from the last six months hitting the thrift shop once or twice a month, I have a stack of great quality blades that I have found from our Value Village and paid less than $3 each. Chicago Cutlery, Victorinox, Henckel...you name it. All nice and razor sharp. All my friends, neighbors, and a few "customers" have benefited. Just love puttering around with the sharpener.

I pretty much have what everyone else has for barbecuing. I have Dexter Russell 6” flexible boning knife, Victorinox 6” boning knife, old Chicago Cuttlery chef knife and a handmade chef knife that is incredible.
062C6AD3-5212-4A6D-A828-9EAD590D4A87.jpeg

You paid $35, I paid $50, and now it's $65

View attachment 23264
Its actually went up to $80 list its down to $51.98 on Amazon I guess the question is do I need the 12 inch or is the 10 inch sufficient I also am buying their boning knife which I guess they say 11 bucks off for under 22.00 currently. I just signed up for an Amazon credit card since I am a prime member they gave me a $150 credit and if you use the gift card and spend over $40 bucks they credit you another $10 bucks.

Edit: I think I will go with the 12" better than to go longer and not regret it down the way but still looking for input. B these are the same 2 knives you bought.

Last edited:
Its actually went up to $80 list its down to $51.98 on Amazon I guess the question is do I need the 12 inch or is the 10 inch sufficient I also am buying their boning knife which I guess they say 11 bucks off for under 22.00 currently. I just signed up for an Amazon credit card since I am a prime member they gave me a $150 credit and if you use the gift card and spend over $40 bucks they credit you another $10 bucks.

Edit: I think I will go with the 12" better than to go longer and not regret it down the way but still looking for input. B these are the same 2 knives you bought.
I have a 12” granton edge slicer and would never consider the 10! The longer blade is so nice for large brisket slicing, it simply is better than anything else I own for that.

Question for those with Granton-edged slicers (Dexter or Victorinox): how well do they work for cutting through watermelon? It's my wife's favorite fruit, and during the summer we go through a lot of it. It's tough to cut with a 10" chef's knife, and I'm thinking the much thinner 12" Granton slicer might be a better tool for the job.

Resurrecting old thread. IIRC it was on this thread I read about those Enowo knives on Amazon. The other day the company sent me an email thanking me for responding to a survey about the knives. They asked me for my original order number and sent me their knife sharpener. Pretty decent

What was your order number :p

Back