KKruger,Blues Hog Clone

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from Denver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Reyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from Denver:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich P:

BTW how much will this yield? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like it will yield about 4-5 cups of sauce. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Closer to a Quart I believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Approximately how many cups do you think are in a Quart? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't tried Kevin's recipe just yet. I know he has a long history of getting things right, at least IMHO. But one thing I noticed as I recalled he had worked on this was the absence of tamarind. I know it's one of the ingredients as it's a strong note/flavor in the bottle of original I have been using. When I do get around to trying the recipe I'll be looking for that note. My wife even identified tamarind in the sauce before looking at the ingredients list on the jar first time she tried it. I'll try Kevin's recipe first then add some tamarind paste or syrup if I find it lacking. Plenty in the BH quart jar though, so it will be awhile.

Back