Kingsford on sale yet?

Got the Home Depot and Lowes ad this morning. Both are $9.88 for the 37.2 pound twin pack, Lowes two twin pack limit, Home Depot 5 twin pack limit.

Home Depot's limit was 10 last year. 5 this year, so I just ordered mine from Wal-Mart. Like Matthew said, a few cents cheaper. But, I could order 12 from Wal-Mart. There are two Wal-Marts in town, I ordered 12 from each. 12 is the max you can pick from the drop down list. But, I think you could change the quantity to more once you get to your shopping cart. I just did 12 from each so I could make two small loads instead of one big one.

Well I just went to one of the Wal-Marts to pick up my order of 12, and they said my order has prompted them to place a limit on online orders. The in-store limit is 2. They said it would take them a little bit to get the online limit in place, but they are working on it.

Ordered 6 twin pack from Lowes. Used a $15 off of $50 coupon that I found described over on Brethren.

Here is the promo code:
4700RRRRRR4689R

What you will need to do is replace all of the R's with random numbers from 0 to 9. You need to replace them all. If you enter in a code that was already used just change a number or two and you should be good.

Website says Limit 2, but doesn't stop you from adding 6 to your cart and checking out.

EDIT: DOH, it looks like the fixed the website to enforce the limit. Just added 6 to my cart and it switched me down to 2. :mad:

Last edited:
This morning I went to Lowe's and filled a dolly with six "pairs" of Kingsford. There was a limit of 2 on the web site but none on the pile at the store. I got NO static whatsoever. Yesterday I had signed up for their email notices and received a $10.00 coupon. It was accepted without issue. My total cost was $52.46 for six pairs including tax. I consider that a REAL deal! I still had several bags from the last sale so I limited my self to six pairs...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last May, Lowe's ran a sale on Stubbs for $5.39 so I bought some. This year, they raised the price $.57 per bag,$9.41 to $9.98, so they won't be seeing me

Last edited:
Ordered 6 twin pack from Lowes. Used a $15 off of $50 coupon that I found described over on Brethren.

Website says Limit 2, but doesn't stop you from adding 6 to your cart and checking out.

EDIT: DOH, it looks like the fixed the website to enforce the limit. Just added 6 to my cart and it switched me down to 2. :mad:

Worked for me. $48 for 12 bags.

C663FF50-C236-4A7E-82FF-E695C664E2CA.jpg

Lowe's sale started yesterday 2 bag bundles $9.99, limit 2. I put 3 twin-packs in the cart no problem I might stop by again today and get more but I don't know if I really need it I have lots in the shed, it's just hard to pass up this price :)

I didn't need/buy any, but the smaller bags are easier to lift out of the Performer's coal bin for us arthritic seniors.:blueperformer:

I bought 6 bags at home depot yesterday 2 for $9.88 you got a great deal there bob and I hear ya about the 20 lb bags being hard onn the old Arthur-itis

Costco has 2 18lb bags of the competition briquettes for $15.69 through 6/10.

Is this stock up worth, or should I wait until the 4th?

Costco has 2 18lb bags of the competition briquettes for $15.69 through 6/10.

Is this stock up worth, or should I wait until the 4th?

It's a different kind of briquette--burns slightly cleaner than the original KBB. I use it for my special longer cooks (brisket, pork shoulder, etc.) as it is more expensive. I keep a stockpile of both.

That $7.94 price is hard to pass up (still going) but I'd like to try some better quality briquettes. Lump burned too fast for me.

Is this only online? I've been to three walmarts and none have them in store. I can do the site to store.

Back