Kingsford Comp Briqs at Costco **Updated**

Lee Morris

TVWBB Fan
Just got back fro Costco here in Huntsville. They've got 2-packs of K Comp in bigger bags than Home Depot.

They had two 16.5 pound bags for $18.39

By my math, that's about 56 cents per pound.

HD had 12 pound bags for $8.97 or about 75 cents per pound.

That makes me a little more eager to give it a try.

**Update**
Just back from Costco today, 2/17, and price is now down to $16.79 for the two pack...even better than the $16.99 Chris was expecting. I finally broke down and got some. Will let you know how it turns out.

now that's a little closer to the .53/pound RO lump goes for here. too bad i'm not a costco member and the only one here is too far for me to want to be one.

I was saying in a couple of other threads that K's MSRP for the warehouse twin-pack was stated as $16.99, so I'm surprised it showed up at $18.39. That's disappointing.

Chris

I was in HD this morning picking up a few items and saw the competition, it just showed up in Orlando. I picked up the bag, considered it, but decided at $9 for 12 lbs, I'd skip it. Ended up finding 17lb bags of Kingsford Hickory on clearance at walmart for $5, so that's what i got. I've noticed virtually all charcoal has gone up in recent weeks. The regular kingsford twin pk that has been $13-14 was now 16.

i still have not found the k comp here. at kmart i found 18 lb bag of k at 8.99 and 18 lb bag of royal oak at 5.99. guess whats being sold.? i wonder whats going on if this stays that way? i bought a bag of ro and will probably go back and buy another 5 bags. for me with what i already have should take care of this year.

Supposedly, these higher prices are from when oil was at an all time high and are only going to go down as time goes by. Personally, I think they are going for what they can get!

**Update**
Just back from Costco today, 2/17, and price is now down to $16.79 for the two pack...even better than the $16.99 Chris was expecting

I finally broke down and got some. Will let you know how it turns out.

Back