Kingsford Briquets

TomWalker

Anyone know the difference, and/or does it matters, on the Kingsford regular briquets vs. the professional briquets. Lowes carries the regular ones. Cosco the PRO ones. I am a casual smoker/griller. Just wondering if folks have an opinion?

Thx for the link. Cosco has the pro on sale here in the DC-Balt area. $16 and change for two 18lb bags. I picked up two bunches when i was there. Lowes still had the regular at $20 and i picked up a bunch earlier in the week.

For me the pro is twice the price. That not counting a sale. It's probably better than the KBB but it's not twice as good. At the Costco price I'd buy it but we don't have Costco around here.

Anyone know the difference, and/or does it matters, on the Kingsford regular briquets vs. the professional briquets. Lowes carries the regular ones. Cosco the PRO ones. I am a casual smoker/griller. Just wondering if folks have an opinion?

Professional Briquets contain only wood char, a starch binder, and a press release. Regular briquets contain wood char, mineral char, mineral carbon, sawdust, limestone, starch binder, and a press release.

Both work well. If you want a more "natural" product with fewer but more costly ingredients, go with Professional. But you'll find exceptional deals on Regular around Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day and you can stock up then--that's what most K users do.

Good luck,
Chris

Back