Kingsford 2 x 18.6 lb Twin-Pak $9.88 Home Depot 8/30-9/3/18

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Labor Day Sale: Kingsford 2 x 18.6 lb Twin-Pak $9.88 Home Depot 8/30-9/3/18, limit 5 packs per customer.

Probably your last chance in 2018 to stock-up on Kingsford Original Blue Bag.

JumiIkd.jpg

Chris, I looked through two pallets of KBB and didn’t find your smiling face on any of them!! I settled for the regular guy and the back of the Jeep should ride pretty well this winter. Well, for a while.

How much of their product do we promote on this little slice of heaven? Throw the big dog a friggin’ bone Kingsford, sheesh!
Speaking of which, has anyone had a bag that just does not want to get to temperature? I’m in the middle of a rib cook which has taken four and a half hours to get UP to 250! Everything is wide open, humidity has been pretty awful and a brief squall came through for maybe an hour but, I touched this off at 11:00 and I’ve only been at 250 for maybe half an hour! I guess dinner might be late?
Full disclosure
No water, foiled terra cotta saucer, four racks baby backs trimmed to fit the top grate,(14”) the “heads” on the bottom.
Falling to 238 now! I’m frustrated but, I know there must be some allowance for.....anything!

Last edited:
How much of their product do we promote on this little slice of heaven? Throw the big dog a friggin’ bone Kingsford, sheesh!
Speaking of which, has anyone had a bag that just does not want to get to temperature? I’m in the middle of a rib cook which has taken four and a half hours to get UP to 250! Everything is wide open, humidity has been pretty awful and a brief squall came through for maybe an hour but, I touched this off at 11:00 and I’ve only been at 250 for maybe half an hour! I guess dinner might be late?
Full disclosure
No water, foiled terra cotta saucer, four racks baby backs trimmed to fit the top grate,(14”) the “heads” on the bottom.
Falling to 238 now! I’m frustrated but, I know there must be some allowance for.....anything!

Are you doing those on a kettle not enough charcoal or just a lot of meat absorbing the heat. I have a UDS which I smoke ribs on but I strive for 230 around there when smoking what temp were you looking for. When I do ribs it takes 6 hours, 3 hours bone down then in the texas crutch with some apple juice for 2 1/2 hours meat side down then last half hour meat side up out of the foil, my family likes them fall off the bone though.

Sorry Brian, 18.5 WSM
I think the culprit was me! I was just in too big a hurry mentally by 6:00 there were pretty darned good, not the bark I like but, delicious.
I’m not a fan of foil for them to tell the truth, too much open and close. I never opened the lid until I took them off for the same reason. I figure if they’re good I’m fine if they don’t turn out, well, there are always failures. They were just fine as a big bowl of dead soldiers in the middle of the table confirmed.

Thanks for the reminder Chris. Who here bought the most 2/packs? I only bought 8 packs and had to make two trips to Lowe's to follow the rules lol...…..

Back