KIngford Smoker

Mickey Murphy

TVWBB Member
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if I could get your opinions on a smoker. I just saw a Kingsford on sale at BJ's for an unbelievable price. Smoker looked half decent, except no water pan. I currently use 2 Weber 18.5's and have had tremendous luck with them. 3 medals in my onlt 2 comps that I competed in. I was gonna add a Weber 22 to my arsenal. I'm on the fence about no water pan, but feel preety comfortable without I guess. has anybody used a Kingsford smoker?? It has 700+ square inches of cooking space and has 2 side vents and a top vent for smoke release. Its just under 200.00' Any input would be appreciated.

Murph

Just 2 cents. I f I had 3 medals with wsm...why rock the boat? 3/4ths of being consistent is knowing your cooker. Do you really want another set of variables to save a few bucks???

I searched for a Kingsford smoker and only found one place that said they had them. When I went to their site they no longer carry it. I started on a Brinkman and there's a ton of difference between it and a Weber. I have only seen a Kingsford grill and I would take the Weber kettle over the Kingsford grill.

There's not much info on the Kingsford available so you're the pioneer. If you go that way how about posting a picture and a review? Wish I could be more help.

If no water pan you need to know the temp control capabilities of the unit itself beyond water I suppose.

It seems to have dampers at least and I assume some sort of diffuser for indirect. Don't mean to be negative but it looks like a super cheap China made brand name cash in. Sad.

I'm with Steve, stick with what you know. Don't waste your time on this crap, move forward on your plans to dominate! Not backwards.

kingsford smoker ive seen was really poorly made and made with real thin material. Think it would be hard to maintain a temp. in there. just my thoughts.

Back