Kind hello from Ontario

DGordon

Esteemed Forum, a kind introduction to you all and thanks for having me aboard. I am new to this board, but not so much. :) I got hooked on barbecue during my trips to Florida. There was a place in the 90's, I believe it was Michelbob's, based out of Largo. This was my introduction to real ribs, and q. I've been on the trail ever since. Used a Kettle, and then went with an 18.5" WSM with the wooden handles. With that WSM, got the best overall Q, ever. Wanting to keep moving forward, I picked up a Cookshack Model 55. Really costly, but the bomb for being made to last and being a dedicated smoker. I've had this since 2006. Now an empty nester. The Cookshack sits mostly idle. Also, I have to add, nothing beats charcoal and wood. I miss playing with it. :) Weber now came out with the little one, the 14.5. Honestly, I think this size could have done awesome when I was cooking for parties of 20. I saw one and bought it. Now the 55 is going up for sale. :) Cookshacks are awesome smokers. Honestly, they will find these in archaelogical digs when we're all gone. But for me to play, and have fun, the 14.5 brought me back to the Weber family. (Also, they can do poultry = Nothing better!!)

Dave, and thank you for having me.

Port Hope. :)

Welcome back to the family *group hug*. Please be sure to post some of your cooks from that fine little machine of yours.

Kind people, I seem to have double posted in my excitement to introduce myself. My apologies. I'm a long time follower of this board, and just love it. I'm excited with my 14.5 too. Just glad to be back in the camp, my home. I'll be quiet now and go back to lurk mode.

Dave.

Back