Killagrilla grates

I'm sure glad that I was able to buy my four in previous years, before the price increase & the ability to get the 10% off each time I ordered.

Yes. this is the one I feel I must have....
Patiently waiting for good comparison pics.....
Also the part number you ordered, they have like 50 grills and I think I know which on it is, I would like to be sure.....

If someone else feels the need and lives fairly close......or I could ship it for cheap from work perhaps, I could probably soak up half the shipping.
It's something silly like $70 to Ontario if I remember right. Works out to be a pretty expensive grill.

Thanks Bruno.

Not sure why everyone has there doubts about the KG, buy one or two & be done! Keep it for a lifetime nothing more to say!
I'd say different reasons for different people. I don't need a flip up grate so I don't see the value of double the price for a KG vs the Hunsaker which will last just as long. Some will say I'm crazy to spend 50 bucks for the Hunsaker and think oem is just fine. We all see value differently. If the KG was twice as good I'd see the value. I don't. I like both better then sns just because they are China made.

Myself I don't want that thick of bar for a cooking grate. Maybe for a charcoal grate but not a cooking grate. Other's may value that.

I see the Hunsaker for $59.99 did you get the one with the handle or without?
I got the one with handles for the kettle. It's $59.99 either way if I remember correctly. That includes shipping and they state it weighs 5.45 lbs. I think it was 14 lbs when I had 2 shipped. I forgot to add I think they make them all with handles but if requested for no handles they will do so but same cost.

Last edited:
I'd say different reasons for different people. I don't need a flip up grate so I don't see the value of double the price for a KG vs the Hunsaker which will last just as long. Some will say I'm crazy to spend 50 bucks for the Hunsaker and think oem is just fine. We all see value differently. If the KG was twice as good I'd see the value. I don't. I like both better then sns just because they are China made.

Myself I don't want that thick of bar for a cooking grate. Maybe for a charcoal grate but not a cooking grate. Other's may value that.
Price wise I hear what your saying, however I was speaking more for the people who have a SnS. Several people here have expressed a need for a 304 SS grate to accommodate their SnS. Even though SnS offers a lower cost item, I feel that the KG is a superior product. I have a tendency to look at quality first & price second. Again, your point was well taken, & I was just trying to stay on topic.

Price wise I hear what your saying, however I was speaking more for the people who have a SnS. Several people here have expressed a need for a 304 SS grate to accommodate their SnS. Even though SnS offers a lower cost item, I feel that the KG is a superior product. I have a tendency to look at quality first & price second. Again, your point was well taken, & I was just trying to stay on topic.
I think most has to do with they're the only ones that kinda do what they do and the price reflects that. Wish someone would challenge their market. Someone from the USA. Hunsakers at one time said if they could get enough people interested they would make a hinged grate. I bet they would have the same quality at a reduced price if people could sway them to make em.

Yes. this is the one I feel I must have....
Patiently waiting for good comparison pics.....
Also the part number you ordered, they have like 50 grills and I think I know which on it is, I would like to be sure.....

If someone else feels the need and lives fairly close......or I could ship it for cheap from work perhaps, I could probably soak up half the shipping.
It's something silly like $70 to Ontario if I remember right. Works out to be a pretty expensive grill.

Thanks Bruno.
752C1D3D-E2BE-40FA-B958-A5426B4D8052.png

Yeah,
I don't need the hinge and as much as I love the Killa Grills grate, I am leaning towards the Hunsakers because for me it is where cost and quality meet at a place that I am comfortable with!

Did you get it with or without handles?

At the time they did not have a no-handles option. So I got handles. I'm glad I did. Much easier to pull the grate out to clean.
Here is a previous post that has some pictures of my Hunsaker grate on page 2.

First cook on the grates with the slow n sear, did pork chops, I pulled them at 150, I’ve always been hesitant to pull pork before 165 but these were amazing. I feel more comfortable pulling early and will probably try 145 next time.
I marinated the chops and seasoned mine with some habenero death dust from Oakridge, awesome!
I topped them with a mango jicama slaw from Trader Joe’s, it was a great combo.686B6C5F-60D1-4BE2-9256-037951BADE5A.jpegE87065A8-1C32-4048-AAF4-C04BEAD75255.jpeg

Looking good man.
I used to be nervous about low temp pork cooks, but I never leave them on too long now.
I like to pull mine around 140 and I wrap that to keep it warm but leave the MRS on and pull just under 150.
I like to think my eating temp works out to be about 145. One of my recent threads shows a butt chop I made, there is pics and that is a 140 pull.
There is a fine line but a bit of pink won't kill you......a bit......lol.....that is a perception that can vary by many.
Love the grill too.....I want to pull the trigger, maybe in the fall...???

Received the Hunsaker grate, it is not as thick as the KG but it is a damn nice grate and I consider it a real bargain at $59 shipped.

Not that I’ve ever done it yet but it should make for a great easy spin grate.
E68461B9-3435-4ED1-AC5B-D2183985C179.jpegE83C61E4-C7B4-4608-A1D3-85B7762501B8.jpeg

Back