Kevin K's brined salmon

Craig Castille

TVWBB Wizard
I did the brined salmon from Kevin K's link yesterday. Needless to say that the results were once again incredible. It's the first time that I had brined fish, and boy am I now hooked (sic)!

Smoked the salmon for about two hours with a big chunk of orange wood. The combo was terrific, as my wife gave her seal of approval.

Thanks again to Kevin and all others that share their knowledge on this board.

Craig

Yes, the orange is good with about anything. I use it on ribs, poultry, and now salmon. It has a very mild flavor. I'm hoping I can get my neighbor to cut down their navel orange tree next door, it's recent yields have gotten sour for some reason.

Look under this same categorie, and for the post :

"When salmon is done"

His link is in the reply.

It's real easy, and the salmon smokes in about two hours. It's better than the small 1 oz packages you buy in the store for $6.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil D.:
Craig, is Kevin K's salmon brine link you referred to the one under the cooking tab? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Phil, here's a link direct to Kevin's post.

Regards,
Chris

Appetizer-style Salmon

I am glad you liked it, Craig. It's a favorite here and I do it often.

Your neighbors tree might just need more consistent fertilizing. (Could be a few other issues as well.) If the current oranges are pleasantly sour grab some and squeeze the juice for mojo. Making it yourself is much better than the commercial varieties, imo, and it's easy to do.

But-- if the tree's a goner grab that wood!

Back