Kevin Costner's Horizon Trailer

It's going to be released in theaters 06/28/24 and the 2nd part on 08/16/24. I am most certainly going to see it in IMAX

I've always been a fan of Costner on screen (despite my personal wish that Let Him Go had been written differently) but after looking on Wiki I see there are many movies I haven't watched.

I've always been a fan of Costner on screen (despite my personal wish that Let Him Go had been written differently) but after looking on Wiki I see there are many movies I haven't watched.
People didn't like Waterworld nor The Postman. I loved both those movies. I don't know anyone who didn't like Robin Hood or Dances with Wolves. I was quite fond of: Bull Durham, The Untouchables, The Bodyguard. A little known gem was Dragonfly. There's a lot of his movies I haven't seen and likely will. I was over him (due to his politics) but he won me back with his John Dutton character in Yellowstone. I'll admit, Yellowstone got worse not better as the seasons progressed, but his character never failed to deliver.

We have Dragonfly and have watched it several times... awesome movie.

I remember Mr. Brooks was the first movie I watched after setting up our first surround sound system (well, I'm still using that Onkyo system); a couple scenes sounded pretty awesome with that setup. I remember Shelley was upstairs and shouted "my God, did you actually fire a gun?"

People didn't like Waterworld nor The Postman. I loved both those movies. I don't know anyone who didn't like Robin Hood or Dances with Wolves. I was quite fond of: Bull Durham, The Untouchables, The Bodyguard. A little known gem was Dragonfly. There's a lot of his movies I haven't seen and likely will. I was over him (due to his politics) but he won me back with his John Dutton character in Yellowstone. I'll admit, Yellowstone got worse not better as the seasons progressed, but his character never failed to deliver.
Bull Durham is up there for me, too.

Don't know Dragonfly but will check it out.

Looks pretty dang good

I will be honest, when I read the title of this thread I was expecting to see that Costner put his name on an RV (trailer) company, named his first model Horizon. Paul Neuman salad dressing style.

Glad to learn that he is sticking with what he does well.

I never understood the hate for Waterworld. I did and still do enjoy that movie, I was 12 when it came out in ‘95 and if I have the time I’ll sit and watch. Maybe the hate was because it was post-Dances With Wolves? Which, let’s be honest, is an absolute all-time great up there amongst the greatest movies of all time. I know that movie inside and out and still watch.

I learned long ago, that if critics and such don’t like a movie, I’ll typically love it, and if they love it I’ll be hating it within 5 minutes. Rarely do myself and critics/reviews agree on movies.

Despite their falling out, seems like he learned a good style from Taylor Sheridan. Pretty similar. Like a lot of his movies.

Kevin Costner does good work.
I liked Waterworld and The Postman.
I’m not much for watching a movie twice but I’ve seen both of those a couple times.

Back