kettle pizza service

Matt H.

TVWBB Super Fan
got a kettle pizza deluxe kit as a gift and a couple of months later my stone cracked which obviously I wasn't overly happy about. good news is they agreed to immediately ship me a new tombstone stone. great service.

as an aside, anyone's pizza's being too smokey with the kettle pizza? to get the top to cook properly I have to use a decent amount of wood and it makes it too smokey. I've been using oak. any suggestions? the internet suggest pecan, but I though that had a pretty strong taste.

as an aside, anyone's pizza's being too smokey with the kettle pizza? to get the top to cook properly I have to use a decent amount of wood and it makes it too smokey. I've been using oak. any suggestions? the internet suggest pecan, but I though that had a pretty strong taste.
To avoid too much smoke, the wood has to burn. That's tough in a kettle, as there's not much clearance between the flame and the pizza. That's why I use my WSM (check the links in this thread below)

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?62639-Pizza-setup-on-the-WSM

If you really want to cook pizza at the proper temp (700+ degrees) your average stone will not cut it. They will break, or at least crack with very little use. If you want a good stone, check out Emile Henry. They can't take the heat (I've had mine over 900 degrees) but you pay a pretty penny (at least $50 USD)

thank's chuck. the problem is the temp drops if you let the wood burn down too much. or at least in my experience. unfortunately I have an 18.5 wsm.

thank's chuck. the problem is the temp drops if you let the wood burn down too much. or at least in my experience. unfortunately I have an 18.5 wsm.
I too have the 18" WSM, and I just make sure the fire never goes out (I do this by leaving the door off)

Back