Keeping my SmokeFire!

Butcher paper was harder to come by a few years ago, last time I was in Lowe’s they had some in the BBQ section.
I’d probably go foil next time, this was a lean cut and the butcher paper sucked up a lot of juice form the meat.

Last edited:
Larry,
You got me wondering about something. So I started looking at butcher vs parchment paper. Here is one of a few things I've read.

Sounds like parchment is the better way to go from my Google search quickie education.

As for foil,
View attachment 973
Be careful with parchment paper, I wouldn’t want silicone anywhere near my food.

Be careful with parchment paper, I wouldn’t want silicone anywhere near my food.

I've got no problem baking biscuits, cookies, etc. on parchment, but that's underneath. On sheet pans, I've found the rolled paper to be problematic, so I buy decks of flat sheets.

Butcher paper, make sure you get unlined/uncoated. Some butcher papers are waxed or otherwise coated on one side, and that I wouldn't want to use it to wrap hot food.

I have thought about that but no one has ever shown me X-Rays of other's brains lit up die to silicone deposits. It's actually quite inert so honestly while some concern no real worry as with aluminum.

What's the concern over silicone-coated parchment paper that the FDA doesn't know about?
The FDA doesn't have an issue with aluminum but it helped kill my mom, they don't have an issue with many pesticides and other chemicals, etc. Yet I for one have discovered an actual effect on blood sugar from glyphosate (Roundup) residue as a Type II diabetic. I honestly have no real trust of the FDA

What's the concern over silicone-coated parchment paper that the FDA doesn't know about?
??????? I have no idea, I was just recommending peach butcher paper. I don’t love the idea of cooking w silicone but to each their own.

E6DBADB0-4CD4-42BF-9448-C8184AB40EB0.jpeg03844F00-C904-4AA0-84AE-EC5570EFC4F1.jpegHad a slope issue with my BBQ spot in the backyard, I ordered up the 5” casters Dave put on his. I didn’t think originals were too bad but these are NICE!
I was also able to adjust the right hand side to make my Smokefire🔥 perfectly level.F4EEA8C8-D889-49E8-9695-82DCA7EC159C.jpeg

Last edited:
Put on a pork tenderloin for dinner. Smoked at 200 until 120 and searing it off. The reverse sear might be the SmokFire’s🔥 biggest plus!

Back