Keeping Charcoal Dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denny Kyser

What do you guys do to keep Charcoal dry between cooks?
When cleaning my front porch off yesterday I realized I have a partial bag and a full unopened bag of Kingsford Charcoal that was sitting in a Rubermaid Tote (uncovered) for probably 4 months or so. I know no water got in the Rubermaid container but will the charcoal pick up moisture from being in the damp air?

I would try to keep it in an enclosed area, out of the elements. I keep mine in the garage. Make sure to roll the top of the bag down tight and put something on top of it or wedge something against it to keep the bag closed.

Regards,
Chris

I've kept mine in the garage also Denny for the past two winters and have never had a problem with it. In the summertime I store the charcoal in large storage bins I get from WalMart that the top fits over and snaps on and have never had water get in them. Good luck!

I keep all my unopened coal in a climate controled garage and the current opened bag sits in the kitchen. Yes it is a necessary cooking utensil so it sits in the kitchen. warm and dry.

I just keep mine in the bag in the garage. I keep it off the ground with a piece of styrofoam or something that won't wick moisture. Never had a problem with it getting damp.

I have the Kingsford Kaddy and it works great. I keep mine on the patio next to the WSM. I've not had a moisture problem at all. I got mine at Target.

Keep mine in a LARGE Rubbermade garbage can. Never know when the creek's going to rise.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back