Keep your eye's peeled

Same here. Not many gassers. Lots of kettles in the $30 to $100 range.
One red head showed up. I texted the guy but he has not replied yet:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/for/d/weber-genesis-classic-red/6620919912.html
Also a black one:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/for/d/weber-genesis-silver-grill/6620608340.html
One newer copper Genesis. But the owner is out of town till the weekend:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/d/webber-genesis-grill/6618607579.html

However I purchased an older Silver C last night. This grill was hardly ever used and stored its whole life in a garage. Still the original enameled grates and flavorizer bars with no rust on it. Burners looks as if they have only been on a few times. The igniter is NOT rusted and neither is the cross over burner. The firebox only needs to be wiped out. No baked in grease. And also hardly any soot in the hood.
And absolutely no rust on the frame either. It is just a dirty and needs to be cleaned. Yes it is NG but I still have an LP manifold and side burner.
The logical way would be to clean it and sell it again. The illogical way would be to convert it to the old fashioned wood table and wood shelf and keep it ... lol
35838271_10212033712741727_6515892720098082816_o.jpg

That looks like a great grill there. Actually, it looks like it was used only a dozen times. I hope you got a good deal on it. I probably wouldn't jump on any of the other three at $75 except for maybe the E3xx. If the cabinet was in good shape, it would make a good rehab project.

Last edited:
I paid $125 for it. More than what I wanted to spend. But I can probably sell it for around $200 to $250 with little cleaning effort. And the long frames hardly ever show up here anymore and when, then they are mostly rusted. And yes agree on the two $75. Too expensive. On the E310 I want to check the cabinet as well. If this has no rust this maybe a good one to flip. My last E310 I sold for $325.

Yup that's a nice looking Silver C. You should be able to flip that one easily as all it looks like it needs is a good cleaning.

Just picked up this bad boy for $10...

https://offerup.com/item/detail/496558016/

The hinges broke off the caps lid but very minor as I have extras of those. It also came with 2 sets of SS channel grates and the bars are SS so those alone are worth more than $10 IMO. The frame is still solid all around and of course it has a side burner so even better when trying to sell it.

FsA6Poy.jpg

RTnpY27.jpg

Hl6byxu.jpg

uDRoBE5.jpg

I said I didn't have time to take on new grill projects but this one was only 10 mins. away from me so I couldn't let it go LOL.

Last edited:

The hinges broke off the caps lid but very minor as I have extras of those. It also came with 2 sets of SS channel grates and the bars are SS so those alone are worth more than $10 IMO. The frame is still solid all around and of course it has a side burner so even better when trying to sell it.

I said I didn't have time to take on new grill projects but this one was only 10 mins. away from me so I couldn't let it go LOL.

Sam,

You better look out! You've got Weberitous;)! Your justifications sound just like what I try to tell my wife. Even as I try hard to hold the line and concentrate on FINISHING EXISTING PROJECTS, I keep getting drawn in. Going to look tomorrow at a first-generation 26" Weber Kettle. If it is decent, I may have to cough up the $50. I would then have the set: an 18", 22" and 26" of the classic older black Weber kettles:rolleyes:. Like I really need three kettles:rolleyes:!

Last edited:
I thought this one was kind of nice, just not a "flipper"

Here's one that is on my local area OfferUp. I know these Spirits are suspect for durability, but this 3-burner model actually rates very high for evenness of grilling.

I liked the cast iron grate with the GBS swap-out in the center Looks to be in well-cared for great shape:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/492926146/

The hinges broke off the caps lid but very minor as I have extras of those.
uDRoBE5.jpg

Sam,

That hood looks horrible; I am sure because someone spray painted it with flat black high heat paint. I know the side pieces are shot, but try some paint stripper on the porcelain part (Larry's suggestion to me) and you might be lucky like I was last winter and find a really nice color hood underneath!

34gx4dz.jpg

2w3pefa.jpg

Yes, those are Christmas lights reflecting on the porcelain after I cleaned it all up;)! I personally think this maroon, plum, crimson, or whatever is one of the sharpest colors. There was nothing wrong with it, so I can't imagine what possessed the prior owner to spray paint it with bleak flat black paint - even the logo:p!

Last edited:
Yah, that is a score IMO. I have spare end caps laying around as well. I would love to have that grill for a rehab project at $10. Actually, you are probably lucky he didn't just put it up for free at the curb or you wouldn't have gotten it.

Sam,

That hood looks horrible; I am sure because someone spray painted it with flat black high heat paint. I know the side pieces are shot, but try some paint stripper on the porcelain part (Larry's suggestion to me) and you might be lucky like I was last winter and find a really nice color hood underneath!

34gx4dz.jpg

2w3pefa.jpg

Yes, those are Christmas lights reflecting on the porcelain after I cleaned it all up;)! I personally think this maroon, plum, crimson, or whatever is one of the sharpest colors. There was nothing wrong with it, so I can't imagine what possessed the prior owner to spray paint it with bleak flat black paint - even the logo:p!

Yup, I was thinking the same thing...no worries though as I have extra black and red hoods laying around outside so I'll probably use one of those.

Sam,

You better look out! You've got Weberitous;)! Your justifications sound just like what I try to tell my wife. Even as I try hard to hold the line and concentrate on FINISHING EXISTING PROJECTS, I keep getting drawn in. Going to look tomorrow at a first-generation 26" Weber Kettle. If it is decent, I may have to cough up the $50. I would then have the set: an 18", 22" and 26" of the classic older black Weber kettles:rolleyes:. Like I really need three kettles:rolleyes:!

Haha, I know...I better stop looking at offerup and CL and FM marketplace at the moment. I am, however, on the lookout for a 26" kettle as well...

Nice find. I wish I would have found one this cheap ... And I agree with Bruce. I hate it when they put them by the curb with the address posted. I rather pay them and have it hold for me.

Sam - I'm in Seattle and have extra hoods with end caps if you need a set.

I picked up a 2000 with great condition z brackets, wood bottom shelf, and slide mechanism swing table last weekend. I've painted the frame and just need to sand and vanish the wood to finish my first rehab.

Sam - I'm in Seattle and have extra hoods with end caps if you need a set.

I picked up a 2000 with great condition z brackets, wood bottom shelf, and slide mechanism swing table last weekend. I've painted the frame and just need to sand and vanish the wood to finish my first rehab.

Thanks! Was that 2000 the one on Offerup in Tacoma? If so I was eyeing that one also but couldn't make the time to go get it. I have some spare parts also so if you're looking for a certain part let me know as I may have an extra of it. There was also a 3000 for free in Federal Way a couple of days ago on Offerup. Hoping you were able to get that one as well.

Thanks! Was that 2000 the one on Offerup in Tacoma? If so I was eyeing that one also but couldn't make the time to go get it. I have some spare parts also so if you're looking for a certain part let me know as I may have an extra of it. There was also a 3000 for free in Federal Way a couple of days ago on Offerup. Hoping you were able to get that one as well.

Yeah, it was the one from Tacoma. I'm set for grills for now!

Back