Kebab skewers

MarkG

Hopefully I have found the correct place to post this on the forum...

I would like to get some long kebab skewers to use on my sprint II, does anyone have any experience using something like this:

C87D1E45-3350-461B-A267-7C5F213B71AF.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XKSF6WD/

my main concern is how I shut the lid with them sticking out. I think the lid closes lower than the grilling surface so that would push down on the handle end and raise the other end in the air. one thought I had is to prop the lid open slightly so that they can sit flush. Any ideas?

thanks

I just buy those bamboo skewers at walmart or wherever. The ones that are about a foot or so long work perfectly. They are plenty small for the grill. You can probably fit a dozen on a full size 3 burner. When you are done, just toss them. No muss, no fuss and lot more appealing than a hunk of metal IMO.

Shish K-Bobs (0).JPG

Shish K-Bobs (2).JPGShish K-Bobs (4).JPG

Attachments

• Shish K-Bobs (1).JPG
    Shish K-Bobs (1).JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Shish K-Bobs (3).JPG
    Shish K-Bobs (3).JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Bruce, kebabs looks good!

I am really after making some Turkish style
Kebabs so I think the long flat metal skewer is better suited. Does anyone else have any tips?

924EAF2B-EC42-475E-B299-942CECE4DF63.jpeg

Well, please post some photos when you get some grilled up. Those kebabs look really interesting.

Here's my gas Go Anywhere kebob setup:

TRUyGq8.jpg

I have the Raichlen set and love them. The width really helps keep food in place rather than rotating every time you try to turn them. I also put a hell of a point on them with my bench grinder to help get them into tougher foods, highly recommend doing that.

Great cook, MarkG! Thanks for the follow up. That looks as good if not better than anything I ate from a doner kebab stand when I lived in Germany a couple of years ago.

Back