Kebab skewers

MarkG

Hopefully I have found the correct place to post this on the forum...

I would like to get some long kebab skewers to use on my sprint II, does anyone have any experience using something like this:

C87D1E45-3350-461B-A267-7C5F213B71AF.jpeg

my main concern is how I shut the lid with them sticking out. I think the lid closes lower than the grilling surface so that would push down on the handle end and raise the other end in the air. one thought I had is to prop the lid open slightly so that they can sit flush. Any ideas?

thanks

Bruce

TVWBB Olympian
I just buy those bamboo skewers at walmart or wherever. The ones that are about a foot or so long work perfectly. They are plenty small for the grill. You can probably fit a dozen on a full size 3 burner. When you are done, just toss them. No muss, no fuss and lot more appealing than a hunk of metal IMO.

Shish K-Bobs (0).JPG

Shish K-Bobs (2).JPGShish K-Bobs (4).JPG

Attachments

MarkG

Thanks Bruce, kebabs looks good!

I am really after making some Turkish style
Kebabs so I think the long flat metal skewer is better suited. Does anyone else have any tips?

924EAF2B-EC42-475E-B299-942CECE4DF63.jpeg

Bruce

TVWBB Olympian
Well, please post some photos when you get some grilled up. Those kebabs look really interesting.

Jepprey P

TVWBB Member

KTyler

TVWBB Member
I have the Raichlen set and love them. The width really helps keep food in place rather than rotating every time you try to turn them. I also put a hell of a point on them with my bench grinder to help get them into tougher foods, highly recommend doing that.

Jepprey P

TVWBB Member
Great cook, MarkG! Thanks for the follow up. That looks as good if not better than anything I ate from a doner kebab stand when I lived in Germany a couple of years ago.