Kamato Joe Classic II - Deal of the Week

KToliver

TVWBB Fan
Been watching Offer Up for a few weeks trying to decide on a new BBQ.

Today I picked up a brand new (used one time) Kamato Joe II Classic ($1299), cover ($99), 40lb bag of lump charcoal ($59), bag of Western hickory chunks ($39.99), and a bag of Western hickory Chips $14.99). Over $1500 total value.

I paid $475! :sneaky:(y) That's my deal of the year...

Absolutely the deal of the year!!! Congratulations @KToliver , you are going to love cooking on that KJ. I just thought I got a good deal on mine, season end clearance, last one, $590 out the door.

Thats why you got to buy this stuff used got my Performer for 85 bucks. Lots of people think they want to cook with charcoal do briskets or other stuff then decide they would rather fire up the gasser and be done with it buy brisket at the local BBQ place. A few years ago my friend bought a nice 18 WSM used it 3 times gave it to his son it was mind boggling to me. Good deal for his son. :)

The deal question is, what’s your first cook going to be?
Yes...now that is the question.

I ordered the sloroller for it and am waiting on that before I go for anything serious like brisket. I think I'll probably do a reverse sear tri-tip this weekend. Doesn't take a lot of time and will get me used to the temp control.

Yes...now that is the question.

I ordered the sloroller for it and am waiting on that before I go for anything serious like brisket. I think I'll probably do a reverse sear tri-tip this weekend. Doesn't take a lot of time and will get me used to the temp control.
I’d recco a Tri tip over live fire. Just did two and they came out amazing.

Tried it twice on the grill but they are never as tender as doing them slower on the smoker. On the WSM, I usually do a 2lb for about an hour at 270f until I hit 115f internal, then I do a reverse sear over the live coals. Rest it for about 30 and it’s delicious and juicy medium-rare.

BTW...a quick question for anybody using either the Kamato or the BGE...

I plan to use only quality lump for cooking. Can I use up my "blue" briquettes just when "burn" cleaning at high temp? Or will that leave an undesirable residue?

BTW...a quick question for anybody using either the Kamato or the BGE...

I plan to use only quality lump for cooking. Can I use up my "blue" briquettes just when "burn" cleaning at high temp? Or will that leave an undesirable residue?
for grilling, i 99.99% use JDXL lump. for LAS (low and slow) cooks, KPro or any briq is fine. it's just heat and the meat is flavored with wood chunks.

Back