K-cups or Drip?

Moka is good - I've had 2 almond(milk) lattes since the ups man came @ ~2pm... I also got a stick frother for lattes/cappucinos.

Now I have a new favorite....at least for today.

Old style drip for my one cup in the AM, then it's over to Green Tea. Although that K cup idea looks pretty neat. Expensive though. ~$1.60/cup for those cartridges??

Russ

Old style drip for my one cup in the AM, then it's over to Green Tea. Although that K cup idea looks pretty neat. Expensive though. ~$1.60/cup for those cartridges??Russ
I buy the Costco Kirkland brand K-cups, 100 count box for about $38, or 38 cents per cup.

I was wondering if those things are available other than the Keurig site. Huge difference in price that's for sure. That is definately far more reasonable.

Russ

I use K-cup. I bought my Keurig at Sam's club for 120.00. Love it! I'm not a huge coffee drinker at home. I brew my one large cup to take to work. I love the flavored coffee too since i don't put cream or sugar in my coffee. The coffee is around 50cents a cup so you have to watch for deals. I actually just picked up some at Sears for 18ct for 6 bucks.

My wife has actually drank a few of the flavored coffee's and she isn't a coffee drinker. My son will make Hot chocolate (not with K-cups because that costs way to much. He will open a packet of Hot chocolate and put it in the mug and just run the Keurig empty. Its so easy for him.

Love it.

I love my K cups. I have the timer set up to start heating 15 minutes after my alarm goes off. Jump into the shower, get out, and while I'm getting dressed the glurg glurg sound makes me smile. Pop in my flavor~o~the day, and I'm ready for the day.

Like a few others here I have the BUNN for a full pot in the morning to fill our go cups then a K-cup for in the evening because I usually only want one cup of coffee after diner. We do have a Cuisinart burr grinder for when we want to grind beans and buy the Neumann's for the K-cup at Costco. I'd like to try the French press sometime.

After going through several drip makers,Pammi bought me a Keurig a couple years ago. Since it's just me drinking coffee,it made sense. I use a combination of K-cups and a reusable filter. And buying K-cups at Sam's saves a bunch of $! Plus,there is usually some version of K-cups on sale at one of the local grocery stores if I run out before we make a Sam's run.

Well, I got a good deal on a capresso conical burr grinder so I'm grinding right before I make and it's pretty dang fresh. Gonna go with this for awhile I think.

13 cup drip for morning, followed by K-cups for the rest of the day.
French press for camping.

Oh... made 'only' 60 cups worth yesterday... In a rented 100 cup unit for a BBQ class ;)
(btw, this unit is an excellent tool for preheating the water for a whole bunch of chafers...)

Thoroughly agree on the Donut Shop. Tried it once.

Back