Just some ribs

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
CostCo St Louis spareribs, 230F, unwrapped, unsauced, 6 hours, Bear Mountain Cherry pellets. Trimmed excess fat, pulled membrane, and dusted with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. Not much else to say, since I didn't really DO anything else......let the pellets do all the hard work! I held them in a 160F oven after resting (unwrapped for 10 minutes), then wrapped up in foil. I had to hold this for ~ 2 hours, and I felt that this time they were less steamed, and not at all mushy like they sometimes get if I wrap immediately off the grill......that 10 minute rest brought the temp down a bit, I'd guess (didn't measure.)

Good stuff!

Just on:

1631375255626.jpeg

About halfway through:

1631375274664.jpeg

Plated up for service:

1631375292882.jpeg

Nice work as usual!! I’m going to pick up some Dizzy pig soon. If I am remembering correctly they sell it at the local OSH.

Nice work as usual!! I’m going to pick up some Dizzy pig soon. If I am remembering correctly they sell it at the local OSH.
The OSH down here has a small selection of DP....I typically just mail order it. They have some samplers that you can get to try out the different rubs, so that's a good option, too.

I thought you didn't wrap your ribs when using the pellet grill, am I wrong?
To me, wrapping or not wrapping is about the texture and timing of the finished ribs (and an opportunity to introduce some flavor.) I prefer ribs that are not wrapped at all during cooking, so I don't wrap. I don't think what I'm cooking on makes a difference. For this cook, I only wrapped after cooking, to hold for service.

Back