Just some grilled pizza

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
This was a repeat dinner for us tonight because the pizzas we grilled Friday night were so good we wanted more. Short comments with a few pictures. Here we go.

Some Roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, coated with EVOO, sea salt, pepper to be used for the sauce. Roasted on the kettle with a couple chunks of hickory.

18784663156_8971f5fe36_z.jpg

And some garlic to roast with the maters.

18630978349_72daab4e04_z.jpg

Tomatoes roasting

18630985599_fd606e31df_z.jpg

Sauce made - roasted tomatoes and garlic, oregano from the garden, sea salt, pepper, and a little more olive oil

18817160425_abcd237054_z.jpg

Just realized this is a really boring pic, but this was the flat bread on the grate. Coated both sides with some olive oil to help crisp it up

18805882222_9441a57a16_z.jpg

And coming off the grate it was very crispy

18623197840_00cd3576ea_z.jpg

About right now I'm trying to figure out why I'm grilling pizza on a day like this. The beer was cold, though.

18812102822_6ac4d304db_z.jpg

This was the kids pizza. Pepperoni buried with mozzarella cheese. They liked it, though.

18812109502_cc1ab0f621_z.jpg

And one for me and the wife. Just the sauce, good mozzarella, a little parmesan, and basil from the garden

18629463660_2032b2ea66_z.jpg

These were so crispy and good. And the song that came on just as I took the pizza off?

18819809101_8b0388a2de_z.jpg

It was meant to be. I didn't realize I didn't have a picture of the finished pizza. I guess I was just to doggone hungry. Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Great looking pizza. I tried for the first time the margarita pizza our local Italian and one of the best pizza's I have ever eaten and I cant wait to make one on the grill.

Awesome pizza they look so delicious. Like your sauce will have to try that for ours.

As soon as my new stone gets here Barb and I will be firing up our kettle pizza for the first time, only had it since April. Go figure! Wind and rain and no cover made it impossible to do. But I've been taking notes from all the great pies I see being made on here, so I'm ready. Your sauce will be on one of the first ones, really like that concept.

As soon as my new stone gets here Barb and I will be firing up our kettle pizza for the first time, only had it since April. Go figure! Wind and rain and no cover made it impossible to do. But I've been taking notes from all the great pies I see being made on here, so I'm ready. Your sauce will be on one of the first ones, really like that concept.

I think the roasted tomatoes gave it a good flavor. I took them off at the point they were almost falling apart and then mixed in the other ingredients with a fork. It turned into a nice, chunky sauce.

I agree with the others, the pizza looks great and the sauce looks even better. I'll have to try roasting some tomatoes, never done it before. I bet roasted tomatoes would taste great in a homemade marinara. Did you take the skins off before mixing the sauce?

I agree with the others, the pizza looks great and the sauce looks even better. I'll have to try roasting some tomatoes, never done it before. I bet roasted tomatoes would taste great in a homemade marinara. Did you take the skins off before mixing the sauce?

Yes, I did. They pulled right off.

Back