Just sharing my skyline series find!

Yeah, it would be tempting:eek:. I am really happy for Juan and glad to have him join as another member of our "Skyline Club." I still get a special joy every time I take the cover off mine to fire it up!

359emn5.jpg

I have too many grills - just ask my wife - but I admit I do keep an eye out for a 2-burner Skyline, just because it would be cool to have:rolleyes:. Hopefully, I would get over it and flip it later...

Jon im right there with having "too many grills". Whenever I tell my kids im going out to check out a grill they yell out ANOTHER ONE??
Your skyline looks great man, I will have to look into getting a tank cover, and that lid handle with the lights is awesome!

You guys are making me sorry that I sold my Skyline. I don't think my next one will hit the market.

You guys are making me sorry that I sold my Skyline. I don't think my next one will hit the market.

Bruce,

It is out there. You may have to travel to the Chicagoland, though. When I was there last summer and then in November I believe I saw ones listed in the metro area both times.

That is exactly the one I have been pining for for over ten years! And for $50!? You must just be living right! I’d have gone three times that for one in that condition! Swell find!

Just wanted to share my find with you guys. I picked this baby up for $50 bucks including a full tank of propane. This is my first post but I have been scanning various threads on here and have been learning a lot. Thanks for all the info! Now back to the skyline, the guy I bought it from said he only used it a few times and it’s just been sitting in his garage. This thing is in awesome shape, the burners and flavorizer bars have very minimal rust. I hooked up the propane tank and she fired right up!

I'm just going to say it, since nobody else will...

YOU SUCK!!!:cool:

Congrats on a great find!

Gerry

I'm still thinking he only wanted$80 and you talked him down. Definitely a score from someone that didn't realize what they were selling.

I'm just going to say it, since nobody else will...

YOU SUCK!!!:cool:

Congrats on a great find!

Gerry

Its all Love brother, thanks! :D

I'm still thinking he only wanted$80 and you talked him down. Definitely a score from someone that didn't realize what they were selling.

The man owned the grill for 20 years, I think he knew exactly what he was selling (just an old grill). The only thing that makes it special for us is that its a WEBER :)

A SKYLINE:coolkettle: Weber at that!

Yes sir!! I was actually looking for a older genesis to c/u and restore. The fact that it was a Skyline and needed nothing was all Luck. I already own a spirit E310 but was just not always satisfied with the heat distribution. In reading about the older genesis grills, I came across a lot of your posts and gained a lot of knowledge from them. You and some other key guys on here are really helpful, Thanks!

Juan, I hope I can speak for many of us on here. We are jealous! Most of us (or at least myself personally) paid a LOT more than $50 for our first Weber grill, then later learned a lot more about their worth, cost etc. I think I paid $135 for the silver B I first obtained, and put another at least hundred into it only to flip it for 150. The 3000 (which I converted to a 2000 because I never use the side burner) I got for $25. So live and learn. We are just happy and jealous that you hit the jackpot on what seems like your first try.

I will be the ambassador and say that all of the jealousy you see here means, WE ARE JEALOUS! But, we are happy for you too.

Great work my man. Please enjoy that grill and keep it in good shape.

Back