Just a Rib practice

Got a couple of St. Louis Racks and wanted to do a little practice for a competition in a few months.

Got them all trimmed up and removed the membrane and put on the rub and in the fridge for 12 hours.

On the smoker for about 4 hours 30 minutes. Probably should of done longer for the middle ribs to be completely done.

After saucing and letting it set.

Then building the box.

They were really good! Nice flavor, nice pull, nice smoke ring.

Overall I was happy, but there is always room for improvement.

Thanks for looking!

Those bones look good and tasty but:
1) I can see only 5
2) the left one is demaged.

There are 5 on the bottom, not the best angle for the picture, and yes unfortunately that was my mistake. The left one was not from the same section, the right one kept falling over. Need to practice on my cutting.

I should of left them on for about 30 more minutes for the middle ones to be where I needed them to be.

Thanks!!

I'm not familiar with competition rules or expectations. They look darn good to me! Keep trying... I'll take care of all your errors.

Look good to me, next time you are cooking give me a call and I will come round and do a taste test, you are only just down the road.

I'm not familiar with competition rules or expectations. They look darn good to me! Keep trying... I'll take care of all your errors.

Thanks Luke! There are different sanctions which has their own rules. I primarily compete in FBA (Florida BBQ Association) contests. Will be doing a KCBS contest one day!

Great looking ribs! Seems like you've about got the ribs mastered, now it's just a matter of fine tuning a few minor details. Again, they look awesome, and I imagine they tasted the same way!!
Great job,and good luck,
Tim

I'm with Luke always willing to help with the errors!:o

Austin fantastic job, those ribs are to die for. Good luck with the competition and let us know the out come. I'm sure you will be at the top with those ribs.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the compliments! And thanks to everyone on this forum! It's a family away from family for sure! I hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back