Just a pork shoulder

Terry - bbqking

TVWBB Fan
Rubbed this shoulder with yellow mustard, gave it a good dusting of Meat Church Honey Hog Hot, and a lite spatter of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. A chimney of charcoal. Done indirect on the ssp using charcoal rails. Couple chunks of cherry. Added 10 briquettes after a couple hours…lasts another 2-3 hours. Then pulled it off and put it in the crock pot. Wife di cowboy potatoes. I also did my version of Malcolm Reeds Mac n cheese with the bacon and bread crumbs on top.1BD7B93A-C749-4FBA-B812-867AEB9E7D64.jpeg30A37809-D2CA-4141-82CC-4946C2BAF1C0.jpeg32ACF17B-3A33-4117-9794-E3236C10BBC8.jpegC008109E-85EC-40A3-B007-47FFCE18FDAE.jpeg

Don't ever speak of a pork shoulder like that!!! Just a thing of beauty or Just a piece of heaven, those would be better post titles. How did it pull? Would love to see a plate with those sides. Mac and cheese with pulled pork is one of my top favorite things in life.

Not sure which item your asking about, but for the pork I didn’t have the temp, just used a chimney of briquettes. Indirect. Added ten to each side about 2 hours in. Total time on grill was around 5 hours give or take. Then in the crock pot for about 3-4 more on high. The mace n cheese takes about a half hour to put together then about a half hour at 300 in oven or on the SmokeFire.

I did my version of Malcolm Reeds.
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup of flour
16 ounces of cheddar
3 tbsp hot sauce
Approx 3 cups of milk or heavy cream
2 tbsp Holy Voodoo
1 box of elbow noodles
1 cup of Mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 cup bacon bits
1 cup of bread crumbs
Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add the milk. Stir in the cheese. Reserve approx 4-5 oz to the side, of the cheese. Once mixed well add hot sauce and Voodoo. While you are doing all of this boil your noodles until desired softness. Add noodles to mixtures. Mix well. Then add you sour cream and Mayo. Mix well. Once mixed top with remaining cheddar. Toast bacon bits and bread crumbs together once toasted spread over the top. Bake/grill on 300-350 for 45 minutes.
Side notes: you can add or subtract the spices. Hot sauce/voodoo. Using what you want. I prefer it to have the smoky flavor my pellet grill gives it. Another note. I also prefer the “moistness” of the milk. The heavy cream gets pretty thick after stirring and only calls for 2 cups. I use precooked real bacon bits from Costco. One last note, I do all this in my big cast iron skillet. All except the noodle boiling.
I use medium heat until I add the noodles then Down to low until topped with bacon bread crumbs.

Back