July 4th Smoke - What's ya cookin'?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
What ever she wants us to have well she deserves it. The kid got a scholarship to a private college here about 30 minutes from our home. What a kid she has been. She has been a pleasure her whole life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What a great story. We have a 3 year old daughter that is pure joy. I can't wait to cook for her and her friends as she grows. She already loves my grilling/bbq.

Any secrets you want to share for raising such a great child?

wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 1 year old daughter that loves daddies pulled pork and smoked chicken. You have to love them!

About 20 family members and friends coming over. Planning 4 racks of babybacks, a bone-in butt and some chicken on the gasser. I may try ABTs for the 1st time.

Having 9 friends over for burgers, hot dogs, and some shish kebabs. We make great kabobs by combining steak, chicken breast, red/yellow peppers and onions. YUUM!

I will be cooking for whom ever shows up at my picnic. I just put the word out to family and friends, picnic at my camp, bring a covered dish, chair and what you like to drink. Myself, I am going to smoke a 7.6lb butt, 5lb hunk of ribeye and frogmore stew for 36, "red" slaw, Keri's beans and ABT'S. Just a little bit of everything to hopefully satisfy everyone. What a combination, HUH? LOL.

Kevin

Chuck roast low-n-slow, and then Roadside Chicken. Chuck is about 8.5 lbs, plan on cutting it in two to get more bark/rub surface area and going all night. Keeping in the spirit of the holiday I'm gonna babysit my WSM early on with a couple of glasses of excellent American whisky, I just got to decide which ones to drink.
icon_smile.gif

First attempt at pulled beef, wish me luck.

Heading to Laurel, MD tomorrow and having a family cookout. I'm doing baked beans in the smoker and we're having baby back ribs with ice cold beer!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Started a 11.4 lb Brisket this morning that I expect will be done early tomorrow! Hope the
'wet rub' won't be to strong... applied it Wednesday night.

Happy smoking and enjoy some fireworks!

St Louis trimmed ribs on the WSM and chicken spedies on the Weber grill.
And the forecast is for SUN!!!

J

For tomorrow: 4 racks of spares and wings on the WSM, 5lbs of wings marinating and will be grilled up on the kettle along with burgers, dogs, etc. Brother in law has a keg of Harpoon and life is good.

Not cooking for the 4th. Going out for the whole family fun and firework show kind of thing.

But I am cooking a big ol' tri tip on my kettle tonight and...lucky me...I stumbled into a BBQ cook for Sunday!

Our original Sunday plans were taking the kettle and having a burger cookout with two other families at our neighborhood pool. Well, I started thinking and saw an opportunity. I emailed the other two fams and asked if they would mind if I did BBQ instead of the burgers. If you can scream in an email, they both did. It was a resounding YES!

I plan on cooking 3 butts (bought on 4th of July sale for a marvelous $0.98 per pound by the way) and 3 slabs of spares. And yes, I realize we can't eat that much...but my FoodSaver can...it's always hungry!

Happy 4th everyone!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Not planning anything. My wife has goofed up my cooking plans too often lately. I'll worry about it on the 3rd.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>YES!!! A butt, ribs, corn, beans, and fresh tomatos.

Some friends may come over. If they do, fine. If not, fine too. I'm not picky as long as I have my beer and pig! oink-oink

keepin it simple tomorrow, burgers, brats w- sauteed onions-bell peppers, potatoe salad, baked beans,macaroni salads and tons of watermelon-homemade ice cream

I was requested to bring 2 briskets to the party: Packers, 15 lbs & 13 lbs. My favorite. They went in @ 2:30 AM, smokin' away over RO Lump w/mesquite chunks.

I think the host is doing a butt on his gas grill - wonder how that will taste....

i just took 4 butts off the WSM and foiled them and put them in the oven so i could get my 8# brisket flat on. i also prepped 60 ABTs last night and a double batch of sweet and spicy slaw. we are eating at noon so we can do my son's cake and presents by 2. my wife has to go in to work at 3. at least geico is paying her holiday pay plus time and a half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got 30lbs of Pork Shoulder and 30lbs of brisket in my 18.5" WSM. BBQ for breakfast? Pork and Brisket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like breakfast to me!

I have a small brisket and butt going today for a small gathering. We'll enjoy the Q, crack open some cold beer, and watch (and participate in) the war zone my neighborhood will turn into this evening. You'd swear this was a Black Cat proving grounds around here on the 4th!

Back