July 4th (2nd) 16 hour pulled pork

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
OK, I lied: 15 hours, forty minutes.

9:45PM Friday Night
lubPBog.jpg

Way too many photos during the cook, but what else is there to do?

bMrLmGf.jpg

brjGAO9.jpg

tg8ZGQP.jpg

I14Oprl.jpg

TfyAQoD.jpg

dWZoBSS.jpg

1FG16Tl.jpg

WGyXHNA.jpg

jJT8tbt.jpg

qoRnDzA.jpg

E4EcJfu.jpg

uwff9tX.jpg

jJ66N7L.jpg

vpRdaXY.jpg

The plan was to make tacos with the PP tonight, but as usual, the kids bailed. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have tacos made by my madman son on his Blackstone grill.
I'll be making pizza dough Sunday, for PP Pizza Monday. Whatever leftover after that is anyone's guess. It was really good, I smoked it at 225 until 200. The Bride and I agree, 195 is better than 200. Great flavor, exceptionally juicy. 16 hours....Is that crazy or what?

Chuck,
Looks amazing! The leftovers are one of the best parts of a Pork Shoulder cook. I think at 225 unwrapped 16 hour ish is spot on. I have started to go 235 to 255 and wrapper somewhere between 160 and 170 and they have become consistently done in 10 to 11 hours.

Well, Chuck, as much as I wish you'd made some Go Giants sausages, this looks pretty darned good! Honestly, I'd choose this over your kid's smash burgers (and his burgers are KILLER!!!!) PP tacos on the BS sounds excellent, though! :)

....watching the River Cats right now, maybe they will win.... :|

That looks fantastic Chuck! I did a 10 lb pork butt today and didn't get it on till around 12 pm, thought I'd be outside in the middle of the night by the time it was done, I had the temp hover 275 - 300 and foiled it when it hit 170. Done at 7 pm when it hit 205, rested for one hour then pulled and holey moley is it good.

I'm loving the pulled pork pizza idea, never thougt of that, will have to give it a go myself.

Back