Joining the fun

I did my first cook tonight. Beef ribs. Cooked them at 275 until they reached 203. Obviously this was the first cook, but it things go this smooth the rest of the time, then I definitely will be in love with the SmokeFire. The meat turned out so good, my other half was shocked because I never even left the living room to check on anything. I just checked my phone a few times. I know that every cook won't be that easy and smooth, but this was impressive. Here is a pic during the cook.
1609655109813.png

Nice looking ribs.

I'm considering whether to get an EX4 on sale ($799) or wait for possible additional improvements and maybe have to pay $200 more later.
In June I thought that the hardware improvements had addressed all the hardware problems and knew I was going to deal with steady software improvements. I took advantage of the $200 off sale then. Good luck with your decision.

Be interesting to see what they could improve, if they keep the flavorizer bars I don’t see much they could change on the interior. Maybe a steeper bottom that slants to one side, possible to a relocated one a side?? The ash would still present an issue.

Giving an update here. It has only been a few weeks, but I have cooked all kinds of things. Beef ribs, pizzas, whole chickens, chicken wings, etc. I have not had any real issues. I think on one cook, the pellets stopped falling, but that was it. I do clean it after every other cook. I am a believer. The ease of use, the ease of cleaning has me won over.

1611080345556.png

1611080372989.png

1611080428364.png

Back