Japanese BBQ Sauce Chicken Thighs take II

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I did this once before, however the chicken marinaded for less than 24 hours. The bride & I liked it, my son & his gal said so so

This time, I put the chicken (thighs) in the marinade Sunday and let the thighs marinade until Tuesday (this evening) and again, the bride and I liked it, but that's where the story ends, kids are who knows where. It had more sauce flavor than the one day marinade, but still it was pretty mild. The thighs were cooked on the pellet pooper, I think the kettle does a better job. Just as I said the first time, only this time, the next time I'm going to add crushed garlic and chopped onion (color onion is still being debated)

Would I serve it to guests....Not yet. But for family it's not bad. Would I buy it again? Depends on how the next marinade / cook with crushed garlic & onion goes

We also had spinach salad, you can never go wrong with spinach salad. Slide show, slide left or use the arrow key on the right

ps: I don't know how many of you are familiar with Gary Clark, but man does he bust out some music. A refined Jimmy Hendricks if you will

Good stuff. My Wegmans recently started carrying the Bachan's and I like the flavor profile. A little mild, yes, but we've been using it as a bit of a finishing sauce and that seems to work.

Agree completely on the spinach salad. ;)

I agree with you Chuck...by itself as a marinade it doesn't do enough. I've added some teriyaki, soy, garlic, ginger, etc and it really makes a difference. I use the Bachans sauce more for putting on rice or veggies.

IMO, you need acid with that marinade to get it to penetrate chicken. I’d recco some ACV, salt the chicken first then add the sauce. I think you’ll get a better result.

Back