I've always liked red heads...

You know, I ran my 13 bar grill with a set of stainless flavorizer bars for a 5 bar grill and never noticed a difference. I bought them from ace hardware on clearance. I don't remember what grill they were for, but they fit perfectly and were cheap.
I don't understand how you managed that. The ones for the 5 bar grill are so much different in size they will not fit in a 13 bar box. They would have rested right on the burners

I don't understand how you managed that. The ones for the 5 bar grill are so much different in size they will not fit in a 13 bar box. They would have rested right on the burners
Larry, these are the same length as the long ones from a 13 bar set but are taller. They work great, I still have them. They were Weber part # 9913. They were for early 2000's genesis gold and platinum models.

Actually they're not. Because WAY back when Weber came out with the 5 bar version I had the great idea to try them in my Genesis 2. They were WAY WAY too short. They simply rested on top of the burners. It's why I had my dad enlist his friend to make some for me specifically to the length needed for my Genesis 2.
Bare in mind my original Genesis was VERY old. A display model from IIRC 1990/92 I purchased off the floor from a dept store named Kay's back in 92 as a closeout/clearance. Now, in later versions did Weber change the deep firebox? IDK but I know for cold hard fact I tried to install them in my grill and they were about 3" short

Actually they're not. Because WAY back when Weber came out with the 5 bar version I had the great idea to try them in my Genesis 2. They were WAY WAY too short. They simply rested on top of the burners. It's why I had my dad enlist his friend to make some for me specifically to the length needed for my Genesis 2.
Bare in mind my original Genesis was VERY old. A display model from IIRC 1990/92 I purchased off the floor from a dept store named Kay's back in 92 as a closeout/clearance. Now, in later versions did Weber change the deep firebox? IDK but I know for cold hard fact I tried to install them in my grill and they were about 3" short
The length is the same, 23 3/8". Maybe you are thinking about the upper row.

Don't make me go out and take a picture.

Larry, here's what I'm talking about. I might be mistaken on the part #, but here is the comparison photos20211002_144658.jpg20211002_144841.jpg20211002_144953.jpg

Steve, you have got some oddball bars there! My 2005 Genesis Gold 5-bar FBs measure 22.5" and the 13-bar FBs I have at 23 3/8" won't even come close to fitting a 5-bar cookbox.

[URL
I don't think they fit too many grills, but they do fit mine even if they weren't meant to. You posted the link for them. I thought they were #9913, you confirmed it for me.

Came with a free blue grill with a side burner. View attachment 38264
Very, very nice find, Dan! That is a very early Genesis 3 (?)...no casters, tank gauge rod on the right of the frame leg, early hinge for swing table, early wheels, early Weber badge with TM instead of ®. Look on the back side of the tank support or on the back side of the control panel for the ID tag.

[URL
I don't think they fit too many grills, but they do fit mine even if they weren't meant to. You posted the link for them. I thought they were #9913, you confirmed it for me
Came with a free blue grill with a side burner. View attachment 38264
That's a nice one Dan! That one has gray painted real wood

I don't think they fit too many grills, but they do fit mine even if they weren't meant to. You posted the link for them. I thought they were #9913, you confirmed it for me.
Looking at which grills those fit, those are in the "transition years", with Weber going from 13-bar to 5-bar. It makes you wonder if some early grills had a wide 5-bar cookbox!

Came with a free blue grill

Very, very nice find, Dan! That is a very early Genesis 3 (?)...no casters, tank gauge rod on the right of the frame leg, early hinge for swing table, early wheels, early Weber badge with TM instead of ®. Look on the back side of the tank support or on the back side of the control panel for the ID tag.
20211002_131845.jpg

Back of the control panel. Haven't looked it up yet.

Back