It was the 4th of July

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member

That is the theme song at our house on well... the 4th of July and was the lead song of the sing and dance party in the car with 5 teenager while in traffic after the fireworks.

So the plan for the 4th was low and slow ribs and a few family, but then the family decided they wanted to go to the pool for a few hours and more family and multiple friends got added to the invite... I had to pivot and when we got home a little before 3 I took the lead from @Rich G and his take on @Jim Lampe's hot and Fast ribs.
Seasoned as soon as we got home and they went on right at 3 pm.
IMG_20230704_151812.jpg

IMG_20230704_151838.jpg

Cruising at 450.
IMG_20230704_160929.jpg

Coming in to be wrap.
IMG_20230704_162936.jpg

After the wrap and temping at 198, back on the grill one last time. Also added some hot dogs that got added to the menu at the last moment as friends and more family keep joining the celebration.
IMG_20230704_174031.jpg

Also always on the menu heat shield potatos and smoked chicken on the WSM.
IMG_20230704_163723.jpg

The ribs were done, rested, cut, and served by 6! Score!!!
IMG_20230704_180207.jpg

And here is the final spread. Hazel snuck into the photo as she waits for scraps.
IMG_20230704_235515.jpg

There was very little food left by the end. Since the line was long as everyone made a plate, I just ate ribs while I waited. Then I got a plate with three more ribs, eating 6 in total. Everything was wonderful, but the ribs ready in 3 hours were perfect. They come out so good, ever I was impressed! One of my daughters best friends joined us after being down south with family for the last month and they shared after eating, "I missed your cooking, that was so good." My son's best friend who is not sure about our big family, big meals, or my cooking, loved the chicken and the took the little bit of leftovers home with them. This was one of the best 4th we have had in a long time, just getting to really enjoy my teenagers, a lot of other family, a lot of great food, and hanging out with my wife in the lazy river for a few hours, it does not get much better than that. Hope your holiday was as good as mine. Now back to the daily grind!

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_174031.jpg
    IMG_20230704_174031.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230704_180202.jpg
    IMG_20230704_180202.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 3
Fun Times, for sure and certainly great tasting eats, too, @Michael Richards
I still do this method AT LEAST once a week, seriously! too often, my wife is bored to tears with them so i dress'em up differently everytime.

Great cook Michael, it all looks really good. Been using Jims recipe on and off for a few years now and it's a real time saver and it always comes out great.

Fun Times, for sure and certainly great tasting eats, too, @Michael Richards
I still do this method AT LEAST once a week, seriously! too often, my wife is bored to tears with them so i dress'em up differently everytime.
Yeah I tried hot and fast one other time, but this time they were perfect. I think getting them to 198 internal temp was the key. It is such a great recipe and something I would have no clue without this site.

Great looking spread, Michael! I don't think I deserve a nod on this one at all since I just did what @Jim Lampe said to do! :)

Rich
It was the line of your post "it was already 3p! No problem, HH Loin Backs a la Lampe will be perfect!" That gets the nod here. Reading that I knew, ok I got this.

Back