It was being neglected

How did it turn out? Any pics?

I like smoking bone-in breasts during the summer, but they can be hard to find outside the holiday season.

Looks good, not sure why we don't eat more turkey as we love it, would probably buy more if they were fresh and not frozen, its a pain defrosting them, wife dragged 1 in a week or 2 ago and its in the freezer, going to defrost it and throw it on the pellet smoker Saturday or Sunday morning I think

Just threw a turkey onto my 22” because it hasn’t been used since the SmokeFire arrived. The WSM was used for jerky and everything else was on the SF. I felt bad for it.
View attachment 1734
Turkey breast looked good. I also feel bad for my WSM and break it out sometimes. I don't have a Smokefire but do most of my cooking on my kettle nowadays. Its hard to justify cooking for 2 on anything else sometimes.

Turkey breast looked good. I also feel bad for my WSM and break it out sometimes. I don't have a Smokefire but do most of my cooking on my kettle nowadays. Its hard to justify cooking for 2 on anything else sometimes.

I hear what you're saying I haven't used my WSM in about 9-10 months, last thing I did was a large pork shoulder for pulled pork with just two of us were still using it up 9-10 months later. I've got two turkeys and a turkey breast in the freezers now and don't have a clue when I'll smoke them.
Hmmm maybe smokeday.

Yeah, my WSM is resting in the garage, feeling neglected? Probably but, I can’t justify doing a butt for two of us!
I will have to fire it up pretty soon though, I’m getting an itch for some brisket!

Back