It’s time for TAILGATE SUNDAYS!

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Memorial Day is gone. July 4th seems so long ago and Labor Day is now in the rear view mirror.

Well, that doesn't mean a thing!!! We have hit September and that means its football time! When it's football time that means it's TAILGATE TIME! So let’s get this football season kicked off with TAILGATE SUNDAYS! While the football season starts on Thursday, unless your off or get out of work early, little difficult to fire up the WSM for most things. BUT, Sunday is FOOTBALL all day! I plan on doing cooks every Sunday this football season baring horrendous weather like a 2ft snowstorm or nor’easters that can happen or any obligations that pop up (currently NONE!)

SO, that being said, as many of us have planned big things on the site for things like this passed labor day weekend and there have been smoke out days every memorial day weekend, I propose that every Sunday during the football season is TAILGATE SUNDAY on the site and those fellow TVWBB members should get on the site prior to, day of whatever you want to do and post what you’ll be cooking and get some pics up day of! What do you say!? WHO'S WITH ME!?

I am in for this. My football parties are half the reason I finally broke down and ordered the smoker. Hoping to get my skills up this season

I love football parties cause I don't have to deal with side dishes. I cook the meat, supply the drinks and the guest bring the sides. My new love is Burnt ends, I can cook a full brisket on Saturday. Then, on Sunday, I just cube the brisket, toss it in the sauce and throw it on my kettle. Easy as pie. :)

OK some people on board for this! Sweet! For Week 1, I will be doing pork ribs and pork sausage. Small gather since it's still nice out. Some friends will still be out on the Jet Ski's. Will they pop by? Who knows!

Looks like I'm going to have my first experiment with pork ribs since a friend of mine will be bringing pulled pork in case I screw up my first time ribs

Cool Brian good luck. YOU CAN DO IT! hahaha

JimK, Julien what are you guys planning on making?

Anyone else getting in on this!?!?

Now that the weather is cooling down here in Chicago I will definitly be using the smoker a bit more. For 9-12 football we will be making a flat, abts and some mashed taters.

For the 1st game of the season that counts. A Fattie, Wings ( Buff. & OMS), ABTs, BYO Sausages, and LOTS and LOTS of Beer.
RAAAAAADERS

as if I need another excuse to grill somethin up lol, YEAH im ready for some football!
icon_biggrin.gif

Fired up my WSM at 8 this morning. Pork ribs are looking good! Got some hot sausage and chicken legs for the grill. Can't wait!

LETS GO GIANTS!

Originally posted by craig castille:
How about tailgate saturdays?

Sure why not Craig! I don't follow college football so that's why I do it sunday. But I'm sure plenty of folks here do follow college football and will be right there with you!

Hope all your cooks went well! Mine went ok. Always a little screw ball getting thrown at me but what else is new! Starting new post with my pics. Hope you all post there too!

Well finally did my first batch of ribs and man did they come out pretty awesome for my first time. Everything went pretty smoothly until I threw some chicken breasts on as well and the temp dropped down to 200-210 but still managed to have everything come out tasting fantastic.

My friends were all pretty pleased and are now looking forward to bringing me meat to throw on there as well

I actually did not get any pictures. I was trying to make sure everything went well that I forgot. On top of that by the time I had both racks cut up, they were almost already gone!

hahaha yeah I normally have the same problem or I just forget altogether but I have yelled at all to help me remember and it has worked...for the most part hahaha

Well hopefully this weekend I can attempt to get some pictures of ribs #2. They were such a hit they've been requested again.

Also, going to try and either smoke or grill up some wings. I found one recipe but if anyone has another I would definitely be interested

Just wanted to say thanks for the idea of doing this. This is one of the reasons I finally joined this forum. Now all I need is the time to have a party, and figure out how to post pics and such. Thanks again!!! Hey, what's everyone cooking this weekend?

Back