ISO Door Handle / Latch Replacement for WSM 22.5.

JeffB

TVWBB Pro
I inadvertently broke the door latch assembly on my WSM 22.5" and have not used my smoker in probably 2 years as a result. [[Moment of Silence, please...]] :rolleyes:

During the interim I have purchased and returned the Cajun Bandit door as it just didn't "do it" for me and never quite fit correctly. I would like to start using my 22.5" again but cannot find a suitable door latch replacement and I don't want to replace the entire door.

Can anybody suggest a link to find this elusive creature?

Thank you, and SMOKE ON!

Not sure Jeff. I don't know if the drilled hole in the Cajun Bandit door is in the same place as the drilled hole in the OEM door.
Maybe someone who has the CB door, and still has the OEM door could make a comparison to see if the latch holes are in the same position and chime in.

Edit: I'm surprised the CB door didn't fit correctly. I've got one for my 14.5 WSM and think it's grate.

Last edited:
Not sure Jeff. I don't know if the drilled hole in the Cajun Bandit door is in the same place as the drilled hole in the OEM door.
Maybe someone who has the CB door, and still has the OEM door could make a comparison and chime in.

Thanks. To clarify, I do not have the CB door. I returned it, but still have the OEM door with a broken latch assembly. That's why my WSM sits unused for 2 years. Appreciate the post though!

Do you still have the broken latch?
Does this help?

I remember when I bought my CB door it came with the option of purchasing the SouthCo latch. This tells me that if you bought the CB door, without the SouthCo latch, you could use the OEM latch on the CB door. So the latch holes should be in the same place?

Edit:
Copied from the CB website. (22.5 WSM door).
**This door includes the Southco Turn & Lift Latch for added durability and confidence of closure. THE FACTORY WEBER KNOB CAN NOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DOOR.

But does that mean that the SouthCo latch can't be used with the OEM door??

Last edited:
Do you still have the broken latch?
Does this help?

No, I am pretty sure the parts fell into pieces and I tossed them, but thanks.

I purchased the Southco 62-30-15 Compression Latch to replace the broken one on my 22.5, but there package does not include instructions on how to assemble it.

Does anybody happen to have instructions or a link that might help?

Thanks!

Back