Is the Weber Master Touch a okay purchase over the WSM for beginners?

Is the Slow and Sear accessory different then the charcoal baskets that come with the MT?
With the SlowNSear Deluxe when using Lump Charcoal will have a minimum amount of the lit charcoal falling through the holes as the MT''s has a much larger bottom hole space; has a removable water container when going the LowNSlow Route and is very easy to set-up for both Grilling and BBQing. My SlowNSear and DripNGriddle Pan sits permanently inside my Weber Performer Deluxe when not-in-use.

Now that you appear addicted to this type of cooking also recommend purchasing a good digital thermometer, BBQ Heat-proof Gloves, and other BBQ items that catch your attention and Need.

Last edited:
With the SlowNSear Deluxe when using Lump Charcoal will have a minimum amount of the lit charcoal falling through the holes as the MT''s has a much larger bottom hole space; has a removable water container when going the LowNSlow Route and is very easy to set-up for both Grilling and BBQing. My SlowNSear and DripNGriddle Pan sits permanently inside my Weber Performer Deluxe when not-in-use.

Now that you appear addicted to this type of cooking also recommend purchasing a good digital thermometer, BBQ Heat-proof Gloves, and other BBQ items that catch your attention and Need.

Thanks for the insight on the SlowNSear! I’ll probably add that in the future.

I’ve got Heat Proof Gloves from the griddle, but I’m going to be picking up a wireless thermometer with temp probes, and a rib rack, alongside the basics.

Finally decided on the Master Touch Kettle, and ordered one this morning. I felt like there’s just too many little features that I liked over the WSM that I felt made it a little more user friendly.

Crossing my fingers that the last Ocean Blue in stock wasn’t a boo boo, and it actually shows up this week lol

Can’t wait to get cooking!
Now you can start looking for a good deal on a used WSM. They do come up occasionally, and if you see one, grab it (you know you still want one). :)

Back