Is it weird...

CLasko

TVWBB Pro
...that I kind of like the ribs I made on Saturday better today reheated?? Just seems like everything is just a touch better...texture, flavors.

Aging after cooking. Haha. It's probably just me...having a Monday! :D

I have thought that in the past, I think ribs reheat very well.

Sometimes when you are doing all the cooking the food just doesn't taste as good as when you aren't the cook, even thou everybody tells you how good it is.

...that I kind of like the ribs I made on Saturday better today reheated?? Just seems like everything is just a touch better...texture, flavors.

Aging after cooking. Haha. It's probably just me...having a Monday! :D

Nope, it's not you. I've have told my kids and wife repeatedly that the ribs and pulled pork taste better the next day. That's why I do most of my smoking on Saturdays and BBQ eating on Sundays. Heck, I currently have about 10 lbs of pulled pork in the freezer (vacuum-sealed). After slow-thawing a bag in the fridge for a couple days, I eat it cold like candy. It is sooooooo good and definitely better than right off the WSM. Yes... it tastes better reheated as well.

On pulled pork and chicken I think it has more of a smoke flavor after it's been in the fridge for a day or two.

Also after having been the smoke for hours tending the smoker you olfactory nerves are dulled. When you eat the meat fresh off the smoker your senses don't pick up as much. The next day you are able to sense and enjoy more flavor.

Mike

I always make extra racks of ribs, vaccum seal them and freeze them for a later date and always think they taste better than the day I made them.

Wow, glad I'm not the only one! My guests and are always raving about how good it is and ask why I'm not gobbling it up like they are. I say the same thing to them that you guys are saying. I too, will often do the long cooks the day before and enjoy the bounty the next day with guests.

Sort of like spaghetti the 2nd and 3rd time.

exactly ! And chili too ! But I also think you're more relaxed the next day cuz you're not cooking and the ribs are all done and you can just heat em up and enjoy them !

I think it has something to do with all the work involved. Under a more relaxed atmosphere (next day), it just tastes better.

Wow, glad I'm not the only one! My guests and are always raving about how good it is and ask why I'm not gobbling it up like they are. I say the same thing to them that you guys are saying. I too, will often do the long cooks the day before and enjoy the bounty the next day with guests.

Yea Stews, chilis and pot roast all taste better the next day, I think the flavors meld better after a rest in the fridge.
BB's I made Sunday taste oh so much better today. You do get jaded from hanging around in the smoke and things don't taste as sharp until a day later.

Tim

Back