Is buying direct from Weber the best option? (new 26”)

Jason L. T.

I’d like to purchase a new Weber 26”, the price seems the same everywhere, is there a “preferred” place to purchase? Is buying direct from Weber the best, or is somewhere else better? Thanks

Or I would buy from a local store so you won't have to worry about shipping damage and the time it takes to get replacement parts. Sometimes the local hardware will offer a slight discount after Labor Day.

Not sure if it's better but I bought mine from Amazon only because I get 5% back with the Prime card.
How's that Prime card working out for you? I've been considering getting one. Any hidden issues or problems with it?

I'd buy the grill from Weber directly. They usually won't discount the grill but will often throw in a cover, or some accessory, or some promo merch (t-shirt) for free if you ask nicely. They also register it for you right away and everything you purchase can eventually get you loyalty discounts on parts and stuff. 👍

It's conceivable you could find one on discount after the 'end' of grilling season, but I wouldn't count on it with a 26".

Whether you get it from Weber or local, it's one of the best purchases you can make. My biggest regret is that I didn't get mine until last year.

How's that Prime card working out for you? I've been considering getting one. Any hidden issues or problems with it?
I have a friend who has had her Amazon card number stolen multiple times. I can't say that it's necessarily something in particular about that card, but it's sure an odd coincidence.

I’d like to purchase a new Weber 26”, the price seems the same everywhere, is there a “preferred” place to purchase? Is buying direct from Weber the best, or is somewhere else better? Thanks
Weber runs a MAP pricing scheme, "minimum advertised price (MAP)," and all dealers must adhere to it or suffer whatever consequences Weber has in its retail sales agreement with its partners.

That doesn't mean you cannot talk to your local store's Weber buyer or Weber expert and negotiate a deal on a new grill. While the sales price might not be lower, they can and sometimes do throw in additional needed items/accessories when buying a new grill of higher retail value (where the dealer has margin and can throw in some value for you). Think like charcoal, a chimney, grilling tools set.

And choose a higher volume dealer as Weber has different tiers of dealers depending on the dealer's "buy" commitment to Weber (how much inventory the dealer will inventory/have on hand in a season. I would expect MI to have a barbecue season which is time limited. in CA, we have a peak season and a low season but it's easy to buy a grill here year round due to the weather. IDK how many grills are sold in MI's winters so I cannot speak to that market, but I'd bet more are sold in spring through late summer than in the dead of winter there. Hope this helps you with your decision or research.

I have a friend who has had her Amazon card number stolen multiple times. I can't say that it's necessarily something in particular about that card, but it's sure an odd coincidence.
I have an Amazon Card never had any issues hard to beat the rewards if you shop on Amazon alot. Almost always a discount on stuff you buy if you use their card. My wifes Costco card was hacked twice unknown to most people when they issued her a new card they provided that new card number to Uber which hacked it again. You have to tell them not to provide that card once hacked to anyone unless you provide it. So what is the solution not stopping your card from being hacked but you will know its been hacked.

I have AMEX, CITI and Chase apps on my phone go to settings mine are set to push charges on any of those cards anytime a charge is made you can do it thru email or whatever. Anytime you charge somethng notifyied right away on your phone if you been hacked you know it right away no matter what card you are using as you would know that was not a valid charge. Amex mine was hacked a few years ago they as a policy maybe changed if you have a recurring charge say your internet they do not shut that off they let the charge go thru as they think that is valid and most times it is. Well it turns out someone on the hacked card signed up for Spotify billed monthly they let it go thru on the old card number I noticed it and they had to eat that also.

I lean towards a local purchase in the case of a large item like this, so you can inspect the box, and to avoid shipping and return shipping nightmares, so long as you can get it home yourself. Local stores may have sales discounts or store member programs that can help save some dough on your purchases. Also, if you are military or a veteran, Lowes, Home Depot and Ace Hardware all offer 10% off, though at Lowes, the discount doesn’t apply to items already on sale. Some folks say Home Depot only offers it a few days a year to veterans, but I ask for the discount any time I go and they alway honor it. I have no idea if Weber offers it, but if you find out, let us know:)

Last edited:

I'd buy the grill from Weber directly. They usually won't discount the grill but will often throw in a cover, or some accessory, or some promo merch (t-shirt) for free if you ask nicely. They also register it for you right away and everything you purchase can eventually get you loyalty discounts on parts and stuff. 👍
So far so good, I buy lots of stuff from Amazon so it was a no brainer for me.

Local dealers (other than Lowes and HD) to me are the best option. I had a great experience buying my 22 WSM from a dealer, and a awful one at Lowes. I believe I walked into Lowes, saw the grill I wanted, saw it was up high on a shelf, took 10 minutes for me to find someone to tell about it, and then took Lowes 20 minutes to get it off the shelf and take my money. I've never forgotten that and now I avoid Lowes and HD both as much as possible. I never leave either one of those stores happy that I spent money to support them. I realize others may like those stores, but they are just not for me. I guess I'm too impatient, and would rather spend time where I know my business is appreciated.

I have a friend that bought a 22" kettle from Amazon and had no issues with it, but I get there is some risk of Amazon damaging the box. Generally Weber's packaging is SOLID and can take a beating so unless your delivery driver is Godzilla you should be alright. If your local dealer is closer (Ace, true value, or mom and pop's bbq supply), I'd rather give money to them than Amazon. Again, they'll appreciate the business a heckuva lot more than the corporate giant. Also, you'll probably want to go check out their charcoal and other goodies anyway right?

Local dealers (other than Lowes and HD) to me are the best option. I had a great experience buying my 22 WSM from a dealer, and a awful one at Lowes. I believe I walked into Lowes, saw the grill I wanted, saw it was up high on a shelf, took 10 minutes for me to find someone to tell about it, and then took Lowes 20 minutes to get it off the shelf and take my money. I've never forgotten that and now I avoid Lowes and HD both as much as possible. I never leave either one of those stores happy that I spent money to support them. I realize others may like those stores, but they are just not for me. I guess I'm too impatient, and would rather spend time where I know my business is appreciated.

I have a friend that bought a 22" kettle from Amazon and had no issues with it, but I get there is some risk of Amazon damaging the box. Generally Weber's packaging is SOLID and can take a beating so unless your delivery driver is Godzilla you should be alright. If your local dealer is closer (Ace, true value, or mom and pop's bbq supply), I'd rather give money to them than Amazon. Again, they'll appreciate the business a heckuva lot more than the corporate giant. Also, you'll probably want to go check out their charcoal and other goodies anyway right?
It’s funny you mention ace. Back in early June I wanted to purchase a 22 inch master touch. An ace about 20 minutes from my house showed some in stock, so I went to pick one up. When I got there they told me that they were not in stock, that their inventory system was never accurate, and the best they could do is give me one in a week. They really couldn’t have cared less, it’s like I was a bother to them. I normally don’t have a bad experience at Ace, but this definitely was. I wrote corporate an email describing my experiences, and they didn’t even bother to reply.

It’s funny you mention ace. Back in early June I wanted to purchase a 22 inch master touch. An ace about 20 minutes from my house showed some in stock, so I went to pick one up. When I got there they told me that they were not in stock, that their inventory system was never accurate, and the best they could do is give me one in a week. They really couldn’t have cared less, it’s like I was a bother to them. I normally don’t have a bad experience at Ace, but this definitely was. I wrote corporate an email describing my experiences, and they didn’t even bother to reply.
That’s a bummer, for sure. I wrote off Ace a long time ago, but there are mamy (10 or more) in my area and some of them have a more robust inventory of grill stuff than the big-box stores. It good to have options, at least.

Weber replied and would not offer anything.

Struck out at the local dealer too. They told me they didn’t have any 26’s, and that somebody else could probably get it for me before them 😕

Wish I had a better BBQ store around, I’m between Detroit and Toledo, but not much in this area unfortunately.

Order from Weber, whatever possibly could get damaged will be replaced with out any questions. The best customer service I have ever experienced.
Probably what I’ll do. Do you happen to know if they ever go on sale direct from Weber? Any chance of a Labor Day discount?

Somebody just got 10% off by mentioning crate and barrel giving 10% off your first purchase. Might work?

Weber replied and would not offer anything.

Struck out at the local dealer too. They told me they didn’t have any 26’s, and that somebody else could probably get it for me before them 😕

Wish I had a better BBQ store around, I’m between Detroit and Toledo, but not much in this area unfortunately.
Do you have a True Value Hardware?

Back