Is buying direct from Weber the best option? (new 26”)

Somebody just got 10% off by mentioning crate and barrel giving 10% off your first purchase. Might work?
Yep, that was me. Ordering directly from Weber was a very good experience. I try to shop local first but am only willing to do so much running around.
If you decide to buy direct, phone your order in and be nice. It will pay off in the end.

Yep, that was me. Ordering directly from Weber was a very good experience. I try to shop local first but am only willing to do so much running around.
If you decide to buy direct, phone your order in and be nice. It will pay off in the end.
Thanks for the tip, I hadn’t considered ordering over the phone but will now

I understand wanting to support the good local businesses but I have to admit I developed quite a habit of ordering from Amazon. And for larger box items I don't have a good means of transporting them. My experience with Amazon on large box items has been excellent; they deliver to a room (or porch) of choice, and I can pick a delivery date and window within 4 hours. If an item is defective they will pick it up when delivering the replacement (without requiring that it be boxed).

Right now I'm thinking back to when I purchased my first SmokeFire in January (I think); Weber sent parts to hopefully remedy the issues and it required probably a couple hours of my time for disassembly and reassembly. If I had ordered it from Amazon, they would have picked it up while delivering a new replacement. I would have preferred the latter. I did order the second SmokeFire from Amazon (which still performs very well :)).

Perhaps some of this depends on whether or not Amazon delivers direct (I don't know if they have direct delivery everywhere, now, or in select areas).

It’s hit or miss here. I had a WSM 22 delivered in 3 days and a replacement charcoal bowl delivered in 3 days. I had a Creekstone Farms order out for delivery and received a text at 1:30 saying it was rescheduled for the following day.
Yep. I had a WSM that should have taken 4 Working days to ship once it was on the road including total travel, hand off at the local station for sorting, and delivery to the home. It took over a week(including weekend truck travel) and then sat at the local hub for 3 full days with my delivery date bumped back until I started calling about it two days in a row.

Bought my last Weber from Lowe's. Free assembly and hand delivery to patio. Why take chance of damage in shipment and then assemble yourself?

As a follow up, I just picked up a Performer Deluxe yesterday at my local Ace Hardware (Rt. 109 in Eureka, MO). They were friendly and happy to put eyes on a new one in the box before I made the drive over to pick it up. When I got there, they had set it aside for me, and had it up front in a few minutes. I was able to use my 10% veteran’s discount and the owner came over to the register to chat. He threw in a 20lb bag of Rockwood lump charcoal, a St. Louis based company, for free. It really depends on who you deal with and when. But I would recommend them for sure! Thanks Ace!

There weren’t any in stock at Lowe’s or ACE in the Charlotte area. Also, I prefer putting it together myself.
I can understand the folks that want the assembly done for them. I am not one of them though. I bought a display grill the other day, and when I got it home I realized how bad a job was done with the assembly. Stripped screws and screw heads, over-torqued bolts as well, forced/ bent parts, even the gas assist was hooked up wrong and the valve was dangerously stripped to the point that it would not shut off all the way. It went back immediately, and I went somewhere else to get one new in the box.
I enjoy tinkering, so working out in the garage, radio pumping out rock n’ roll, beer in hand and doing it right is my Shangra-La:cool:

I get a kick out of the fear of shipping damage. Fellas, the dang thing was shipped wherever you bought it from!!! It’s a mild inconvenience if damage occurs, buy from where you can find it and sleep easy.

I can understand the folks that want the assembly done for them. I am not one of them though. I bought a display grill the other day, and when I got it home I realized how bad a job was done with the assembly. Stripped screws and screw heads, over-torqued bolts as well, forced/ bent parts, even the gas assist was hooked up wrong and the valve was dangerously stripped to the point that it would not shut off all the way. It went back immediately, and I went somewhere else to get one new in the box.
I enjoy tinkering, so working out in the garage, radio pumping out rock n’ roll, beer in hand and doing it right is my Shangra-La:cool:
I like the folks at my ACE, but It’s an old store and very small. They don’t have any grills or charcoal in the store and I’m pretty sure they outsource grill assembly. That’s a bit frightening with a WSM 22. Also, I want to do some simple mods while I’m assembling the smoker.

I get a kick out of the fear of shipping damage. Fellas, the dang thing was shipped wherever you bought it from!!! It’s a mild inconvenience if damage occurs, buy from where you can find it and sleep easy.
Exactly, I have never had a Weber double boxed when they ship, regardless of which merchant I purchased from!

Back