Is buying direct from Weber the best option? (new 26”)

Exactly, I have never had a Weber double boxed when they ship, regardless of which merchant I purchased from!
I get a kick out of the fear of shipping damage. Fellas, the dang thing was shipped wherever you bought it from!!! It’s a mild inconvenience if damage occurs, buy from where you can find it and sleep easy.
If I ask for new-in-the-box grill from a local retailer, I can inspect the box for damage, in person, before I pay. Odds are, if the box has a lot of damage/ water stains etc, then the contents are probably damaged as well, and I can just say ‘No thanks’ and be on my way. If I order it online, I pay, then get whatever they send. If there is damage, I either have to refuse the shipment or I have to go through the hassle of a return/pickup etc, and they have my money, meaning I have to justify or convince them to refund it. Also some retailers will refuse to pay for shipping and returns on large items. It can be done, but I rather avoid the situation altogether, as it has happened to me more than once. Not with a grill, but other large items. There are many things I order online, but a grill would not be one of them. That’s just my opinion, based on my experience.

If I ask for new-in-the-box grill from a local retailer, I can inspect the box for damage, in person, before I pay. Odds are, if the box has a lot of damage/ water stains etc, then the contents are probably damaged as well, and I can just say ‘No thanks’ and be on my way. If I order it online, I pay, then get whatever they send. If there is damage, I either have to refuse the shipment or I have to go through the hassle of a return/pickup etc, and they have my money, meaning I have to justify or convince them to refund it. Also some retailers will refuse to pay for shipping and returns on large items. It can be done, but I rather avoid the situation altogether, as it has happened to me more than once. Not with a grill, but other large items. There are many things I order online, but a grill would not be one of them. That’s just my opinion, based on my experience.
I’m sure with other large items that is a concern, with Weber’s customer service I would feel pretty confident you are safe.

I can only speak from my expierence & I am still batting a thousand!

My experience with Lowe's. A few years ago I bought a huge 400 pound Jenn-Air grill from them in a box. Hauled it home and assembled it. Turned out the frame was bent and the hood did not close completely. Called them up and they brought me a new fully assembled one the next day. Can not beat that customer service. Bought two Webers from them this year-one for me and one for my grandson to get him started right

Back