Interesting go anywhere stuff

Tonight I made Grilled Pork Chops with Bourbon Butter Glaze on the WGA. The recipe came from Malcom Read at HowToBBQRight on YouTube. They were delicious but a little tough. I got the meat as part of a Butcher Box gift.

View attachment 46981

I bought the Fox Run Stainless Steel Loaf Pan for a CGA firebox and drew up a hole pattern. I thought I'd post the .pdf in case anyone needs it. I made the bottom holes 5/8" and the side holes 1/2" on mine but you can make them any size.

20220323_134153.jpg20220323_134134.jpg

Attachments

• Bottom + Side Grid.PDF
    15.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Nice work Ed! That looks really good.
I have a CGA sitting out in the garage, never been fired, I want all the darned toys for it now! Do I “Need“ it or all the support toys? No. Do I want them? Heck yes!

No worries, George, and I wish you a speedy recovery. The stack/insert will be there when you are ready to purchase it.

In the meantime, I'll keep you updated on my purchase and shipment process to the U.S. with Zifa Grills.

It looks like the shipment will arrive in the U.S. via DHL and then is handed off to USPS for final delivery. Here are the screenshots for my shipment as of now:

View attachment 47176
View attachment 47177
It looks like the Zifa Grills package will arrive on Monday, 28 March, 18 days after I put the order in. Not too bad for international shipping.
DHL2.png

USPS2.png

This was a very interesting thread - thanks to all contributors. I don't own a Go Anywhere but they are super cool little grills and I've never seen any of these mods before.

Thanks for that. Dont know how to on my tablet if it is at all possible.
Tougher on a tablet, but highlight (hold down) the URL in the address bar in your browser and a little box should pop up with some symbols. Once of those either says copy or looks like 2 pieces of paper. Hit that and then here in the forum press down and choose paste.

Will love to see pics of it and in action !
The Zifa Grills package arrived last Tuesday, a total of 19 days from when I put in the online order.

The only thing I was dismayed about was that the box the stacks/inserts came in was wide open. I guess customs didn't put much effort in re-sealing the box after inspection. Luckily, all the pieces were there, to include the two bags of hardware.

No action shots, yet, @George Curtis, but soon once I find an excuse to cook on all three grills at once.
WGA_Rotis_Collage_resize.png

Did you buy 3 wga rotisserie?
Joe, just two risers this time. I bought my first one when I was in Germany a few years ago.

I always wished I had bought a few more before leaving Germany, but was pleasantly surprised that Zifa Grills was doing international shipping when I recently looked at their site.

Shoot, that looks great ! Question, is that deflector plate on the gasser, top pic necessary ? Seems you already have the flavorizer plate. Not sure of its purpose. Just saw a youtuber using the flavorizer plate or shield for indirect cooking using charcoal on a cga.

Shoot, that looks great ! Question, is that deflector plate on the gasser, top pic necessary ? Seems you already have the flavorizer plate. Not sure of its purpose. Just saw a youtuber using the flavorizer plate or shield for indirect cooking using charcoal on a cga.
Probably not necessary, but I have a smaller flavorizer plate on that one and the deflector keeps the heat more north and south.

20220403_170903.jpg

Que-Tensils makes a "radiator plate" for the CGA - I wonder if that's the same one used in the YouTube video you watched. The Que-Tensils version sits at the grill grate level rather than just above the gas tube for the GGA.

1649020984174.png

Probably not necessary, but I have a smaller flavorizer plate on that one and the deflector keeps the heat more north and south.

View attachment 48296

Que-Tensils makes a "radiator plate" for the CGA - I wonder if that's the same one used in the YouTube video you watched. The Que-Tensils version sits at the grill grate level rather than just above the gas tube for the GGA.

View attachment 48295
So this lower flavorizer plate is a replacement for the original that is no longer available.

The Zifa Grills package arrived last Tuesday, a total of 19 days from when I put in the online order.

The only thing I was dismayed about was that the box the stacks/inserts came in was wide open. I guess customs didn't put much effort in re-sealing the box after inspection. Luckily, all the pieces were there, to include the two bags of hardware.

No action shots, yet, @George Curtis, but soon once I find an excuse to cook on all three grills at once.
View attachment 48256
Looks great!

So this lower flavorizer plate is a replacement for the original that is no longer available.
Sort of. It is a replacement plate, but Zifa Grills makes a stainless steel replica of the original (seen above in the third picture of my post from yesterday).

This one was made to provide more heat at the grill grate level for grilling. Apparently, some customers complained that the flavorizer plate restricted too much heat for grilling purposes.

Just me speculating, but it is also most likely the reason Weber went with their new grill grate design (QXXXX-ish) and deleted the flavorizer plate.

Sort of. It is a replacement plate, but Zifa Grills makes a stainless steel replica of the original (seen above in the third picture of my post from yesterday).

This one was made to provide more heat at the grill grate level for grilling. Apparently, some customers complained that the flavorizer plate restricted too much heat for grilling purposes.

Just me speculating, but it is also most likely the reason Weber went with their new grill grate design (QXXXX-ish) and deleted the flavorizer plate.
Ok, understood. I have no experiance with the newer gas model so cant say much. Some folks like it, some dont. I still use my beater gas model with very rusted flavorizer and it does just fine. No it won't sear the heck out of burgers but it gets them cooked rather well so no biggy to me. At times I just want to cook something quickly so I use the fas one instead of the charcoal. For longer or bigger cuts then the charcoal. Nice to have choices.

A nice setup found on the german site grillsportverein.

Attachments

• 0ED0B7F3-869C-4528-9604-E1074A0A0BAF.jpeg.jpg
    0ED0B7F3-869C-4528-9604-E1074A0A0BAF.jpeg.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 17D2F8D4-5ABE-4571-ADA0-9E790F5A9BCA.jpeg.jpg
    17D2F8D4-5ABE-4571-ADA0-9E790F5A9BCA.jpeg.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 2BBE55F7-F4DF-4A09-B684-7D55998F89B1.jpeg.jpg
    2BBE55F7-F4DF-4A09-B684-7D55998F89B1.jpeg.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 17
  • CF7AC755-D077-4FB1-AB47-C3D6A07BA9DC.jpeg.jpg
    CF7AC755-D077-4FB1-AB47-C3D6A07BA9DC.jpeg.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18
That is a little off the wall IMHO. The probe port is nice. Too many thermometers, and you loose bottom directional air flow control for indirect cooking.

Back